A boring post again, but I'm somewhat fascinated by my food/drink intake these days. I kid you not, folks. On Monday I drank 1.25 litres of organic milk. Plus ate a serving of cheese and a serving of yogurt. I wanted it.
I mean, I grew up (for the most part) on a dairy, so drinking a lot of bovine juice is not an extraordinary concept for me, but 1.25 litres was a bit over the top, no? DH was amused and said that I was growing a tough kid, at least!
And I ate so much food. I was a little bit embarrassed to tell DH how much food I plowed through. I am not an emotional eater, and only rarely do I eat for fun (e.g., popcorn at a movie). I eat when I'm hungry, and just enough to fill the tank. So it was overwhelming to need a meal every 2 hours. And funny.
Yesterday was an 180 degree shift. I had a hard time getting my breakfast down, and then when I brushed my teeth, started dry heaving. Ok, so no more tongue-brushing until further notice. And I didn't know what to eat for the rest of the day, although I was starving. So I reached for.... milk. Yeah. It does a body good, or so I hear.
Also went to get my teeth cleaned, since I've heard that gums can become sensitive during 'p-word.' My dentist congratulated me in shrieky tones, just as though I were a normal 'p' woman.
And I learned that chamomile tea is off-limits at this 'delicate time.' Of course I freaked because I've been drinking it every day, since I'm off the caffeine. Grrrr.
This morning I met with my sleep disorder specialist. I do have a sleep disorder - hypnic jerks, hypnagogic hallucinations, and a mind that won't shut off. Most of which is related to an anxiety disorder, she says (oh so that's why I'm panicking that my baby is dead?). Yes, I'm special. So she advised cognitive therapy and, when I'm not 'p-word,' Ativan. Yay, I love Ativan. I can use it very occasionally, too, while I'm 'p-word' - Motherisk at Sick Kids says it's ok, with only a miniscule risk of cleft palate - but I don't think I will.
Ok, I'm off to eat again. Thank you for all the food suggestions - I noted a number of them, and will go grocery shopping later. I did make chicken-vegetable soup yesterday, so that's what I'll go grab right now!
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
8w1d: OHW die Milchkuh
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 1:00 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I went to the dentist too, yesterday. Great gums, I'm told.
I dont like milk, but when I'm pregnant, I have to have it. Like HAVE to have it. It's funny the things we crave, LOL. And yogurt... mmm... I think I'll have to ask Peter to drop by the store for more blackberry yogurt tonight...
You could say "with child." :) Anyway, why not chamomile tea? (I never drink that stuff, so it wouldn't have occurred to me that its bad for preggos).
Anyway, if you want milk, drink milk---you're getting protein in a healthy way.
I was lucky, to not have really bad m/s or extreme food cravings or aversions. However, there were some days where the pre-boys REALLY wanted Baked Lays, and towards the end, I could NOT drink enough orange juice. The only reason I didn't drink a gallon at a time was because of all the peeing. OJ has never tasted so good, before or since.
I thought chamomile tea was like rice or the balm in Gilead - harmful to none. That's interesting.
Also, I think you need some cookies with that milk (and I can't fathom *not* eating emotionally). And, I thought something wildly different when I saw Milchkuh (Kuehin?)!
Yes, I too have heard about extra need for dental care during p.
All the best, sweetie! Eat as you like, but eat healthy!
Take Care!
LOLOL...33 day cycles are a dream!
They are ...blech...not too short!
Though, for the past two cycles they were 38-40 day ones....
Would love to see your list come through!
RRS: I am really nervous about the assignment...it is a crown of thorns.
I wish somebody would tell my cousin - IT IS OVER! Her parents are screaming that already, but I wish that guy would tell it to her, only then she would understand. He has a life, a wife. And this girl has quit her job, moved to her small-town life, and is not ready to get settled with anybody else, pining for a guy who is not likely to leave his wife.
And I want to shake her parents...they started this crap!
Post a Comment