It appears that I am officially 'P.'
To the left, please note Ninja Blueberry Mutant, in all his glory. (I know it's a boy. Not that I care, though, because I don't. A BABY is what I care about.)
Heartbeat: 140/minute.
One healthy embryo, implanted where he belongs. Don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful.
DH got to see him first - the screen was turned away from me - but it was worth it, just to witness the look on his face. The lab tech was trying to do the scan quickly so that DH couldn't figure anything out or see the heart pattering away (since the RE was supposed to be the one to do the talking, at our follow-up appointment), but come on! Then why was DH allowed to be in the room in the first place? An amazed look suddenly came over DH's face - his jaw dropped for a moment, and he just stared at the picture. Then he said triumphantly to the tech, "Ha ha, you tried to move too fast for me, but I saw it! I know it's there!" She denied everything - she said when it's this early, patients can't tell what anything is on the screen - but he just laughed at her, so she gave up and turned the monitor to me so I could see the embie-baby.
Seriously. What was with the State Secret ... at a viability ultrasound for an IVF patient? Of course the neurotic possible-parents-to-be want to see what's going on! And the heartbeat is unmistakeable - a constant white flash - so I don't know what her deal was.
And she was reluctant to give us a picture, but she finally did when I said that I was just going to take a picture of it, then, with my camera.
But it was amazing. As I was getting dressed, DH sat on the tech's stool, alternating between staring at the picture and then staring at the screen.
We didn't talk about it afterward in the waiting room, but we were busting our guts to scream gleefully together!
At the follow-up, the RE waltzed in to the room and said immediately, "Everything is great, so you don't have to worry." He said that the embryo implanted in a great spot, and that his heartrate is 140 bpm, which was perfect. And he said that I'm at 6w5d, which I don't understand, but whatever. I don't care. I'm keeping my original due date unless my midwife says otherwise.
My response to the RE: "I am very happy with you!" LOL I said that I've sent at least 4 or 5 new patients his way, as my token of gratitude. :) He is da bomb. I love him.
More deets: I'm allowed to exercise again (since my ovaries look much better - just take it easy), I'm off the heavy-dose folic acid, no sex, suppositories for 2 more weeks, etc.
He asked if I wanted another u/s: YES, please! So I will return in two weeks to see the mutant parasite again. :)
On our way out, DH locked the IVF nurse in a bear hug, and then she hugged me, too. She's a great nurse: very professional and direct, and was clearly very happy for us.
So then DH and I bummed around the city. I finally felt 'safe' enough to buy a proper new bra for my expanding bustline (a really well-cut Calvin Klein - on sale).
Had a tough time eating lunch: everything stinks. It's a very weird thing. I finally settled on kick-ass haddock and fries - great quality, but I could not finish it. So now I'm hungry, but everything smells rancid. lol
Oh, and Uncle Kenny ROCKED last night, and so did Miranda Lambert! (Lady Antebellum was ok, but I'm not a big fan.) WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! I think we'll go see him again in August.
Whew! That is my story. I'm officially knocked up. It doesn't seem real to me. I can't even say the 'p' word.
To the left, please note Ninja Blueberry Mutant, in all his glory. (I know it's a boy. Not that I care, though, because I don't. A BABY is what I care about.)
Heartbeat: 140/minute.
One healthy embryo, implanted where he belongs. Don't think I've ever seen anything so beautiful.
DH got to see him first - the screen was turned away from me - but it was worth it, just to witness the look on his face. The lab tech was trying to do the scan quickly so that DH couldn't figure anything out or see the heart pattering away (since the RE was supposed to be the one to do the talking, at our follow-up appointment), but come on! Then why was DH allowed to be in the room in the first place? An amazed look suddenly came over DH's face - his jaw dropped for a moment, and he just stared at the picture. Then he said triumphantly to the tech, "Ha ha, you tried to move too fast for me, but I saw it! I know it's there!" She denied everything - she said when it's this early, patients can't tell what anything is on the screen - but he just laughed at her, so she gave up and turned the monitor to me so I could see the embie-baby.
Seriously. What was with the State Secret ... at a viability ultrasound for an IVF patient? Of course the neurotic possible-parents-to-be want to see what's going on! And the heartbeat is unmistakeable - a constant white flash - so I don't know what her deal was.
And she was reluctant to give us a picture, but she finally did when I said that I was just going to take a picture of it, then, with my camera.
But it was amazing. As I was getting dressed, DH sat on the tech's stool, alternating between staring at the picture and then staring at the screen.
We didn't talk about it afterward in the waiting room, but we were busting our guts to scream gleefully together!
At the follow-up, the RE waltzed in to the room and said immediately, "Everything is great, so you don't have to worry." He said that the embryo implanted in a great spot, and that his heartrate is 140 bpm, which was perfect. And he said that I'm at 6w5d, which I don't understand, but whatever. I don't care. I'm keeping my original due date unless my midwife says otherwise.
My response to the RE: "I am very happy with you!" LOL I said that I've sent at least 4 or 5 new patients his way, as my token of gratitude. :) He is da bomb. I love him.
More deets: I'm allowed to exercise again (since my ovaries look much better - just take it easy), I'm off the heavy-dose folic acid, no sex, suppositories for 2 more weeks, etc.
He asked if I wanted another u/s: YES, please! So I will return in two weeks to see the mutant parasite again. :)
On our way out, DH locked the IVF nurse in a bear hug, and then she hugged me, too. She's a great nurse: very professional and direct, and was clearly very happy for us.
So then DH and I bummed around the city. I finally felt 'safe' enough to buy a proper new bra for my expanding bustline (a really well-cut Calvin Klein - on sale).
Had a tough time eating lunch: everything stinks. It's a very weird thing. I finally settled on kick-ass haddock and fries - great quality, but I could not finish it. So now I'm hungry, but everything smells rancid. lol
Oh, and Uncle Kenny ROCKED last night, and so did Miranda Lambert! (Lady Antebellum was ok, but I'm not a big fan.) WE HAD SO MUCH FUN! I think we'll go see him again in August.
Whew! That is my story. I'm officially knocked up. It doesn't seem real to me. I can't even say the 'p' word.




16 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so happy for you both! I've been stalking your blog all day waiting for an update, and it was so worth the wait! Best wishes for your little blueberry smush'em - LOL!
- Daisy
Oh yeah!!! We can say "in the family way", "bun in the oven" , up the duff, in a delicate condition, gravid, and Im sure there's more.
Official congratulations!!! Im so happy for you both!!
Congrats, hon. I'm happy for you.
YAY YAY YAY!!! One healthy lil' mutant being created in utero! I ABSOLUTELY love it. Can't wait for you to go through your whole PG! Relish EVERY moment!
- Ursula
OHW!!! I am so happy I want to cry! That is the most beautiful baby smooshberrie(or whatever he called it LOL!) I have ever seen. I remember when we got our first mutant u/s and he was the greatest thing I had ever seen. I can't wait to see your updates! I love you!
-Aphrodity
What great news!!!! I'm so happy for you 3!! God does listen:)
OmG!! Congrats!!! love the ultra sound I am soo excited for you!!!
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P AHhhhhhh, I'm SO stinkin' happy for you I can barely stand it! Please share this journey with me! I can't wait to hear about it every step of the way :) Love u!
NINJA NINJA NINJA!
Yes Yes Yes! Love it...I think I had a feeling that told me that it would be there...I am sooooooooooooooooooo glad for you, sweetie! You have to see the stupidly wide grin stuck on my face right now....He is a Ninja!
Love it!
All the very best!
Remember what I said - step by step, inch by inch! And yes, even though you got the green signal, you better not be over-exerting!
Huuuuuuuugs!
What a beautiful baby!!! Congrats!!!!
congrats! your little one is doing well! that is great news!
your re gave you a different edd bc ivf's are calculated differently bc implantation is not known. so they have to confirm an edd via u/s and get it based on the baby's size. this isnt uncommon among my ivf friends.
Amazing! Congrats again. You're such a fighter, standing up for your rights. Which of the ninja turtles is your mutant. Donatello?
Congrats!!!! So so happy to hear the good news! You finally made it to the u/s and got everything you needed. You better get used to the "p" word!
What excellent news for you guys. I'm so happy for you. Keep that little womb ninja warm and safe. I look forward to seeing a pic of him again in a couple of weeks. WOOT!
Yay!! I'm behind in my blog reading, let alone commenting, but wanted to say I've been thinking about you!
Huge Congratulations!!! I've been following your story and am just over the moon for you and dh!! Wishing you all the best!!!
Post a Comment