CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

FEED ME!

Oh my word, I'm so obsessed with food. I just made a pasta-pizza casserole and am busy chowing down on that, plus a green salad and milk, to try to fill myself up.

I'm eating at least 15% more than I always do. And the kinds of foods I want to eat - since I am being picky lately - just have a heightened sense of flavour. They taste so good.

I had to get up at 12:30 a.m. for a nighttime feeding (walnuts and milk - I figured the oils and protein would keep me going until the morning), and today I've been eating every two hours on.the.dot. I am running out of things to eat! lol

But seriously, I am almost out of food ideas for in between meals. These are my preferred snacks (I don't care for junk food, especially not lately, and am not into granola bars):
-blueberry bran muffin with a few cheese cubes
-plain yogurt with raspberries or strawberries
-celery stuffed with peanut butter and raisins
-cucumber slices and carrots with some cheese

I want some variety, so I guess I'll be all housewifely now and go recipe hunting.

Maybe I should make some banana-walnut bread. That would be good.

11 comments:

the misfit said...

Mmm, banana bread. I need to make some!

How about hummus with your veggies? (I love hummus). Or cheese and crackers? Bruschetta? Hardboiled eggs? Soup? Cottage cheese?

Victoria said...

I guess Nija has to eat a lot because he uses up much energy moving around.

Michele said...

i'm a foodie too during pregnancy. i recommend luna bars to help with the hunger in between meals. very high in protein and can help keep you full. but, honestly, i will eat whatever is in the house. the higher the protein, the closer to eating every 3 hours i can get. this pregnancy is the first that i havent constantly woken in the middle of then night to eat!

..al said...

If you list any of this EVER again, you will be penalized under federal laws that require every typed bread item to be shared with anybody who has to bear reading the name!

Am so glad! Eat up, lady!

I like your new ticker, its strikingly different from others, but I loved the previous wombie one too!

Anonymous said...

Just don't eat DH. lol

-Urs

Clare said...

Hee hee - must be great to now eat with no guilt feelings, cant wait for that! How about hummus? Its a great snack food and very good for you!

Kat said...

How about chicken salad? On Pita with a bed of lettuce? Which sounds really good right now. Dang no lettuce or pita in the house. I am 8 weeks 6 days today...and food is weird for me. I want carbs - but no I should limit them...but damn it waffles are tasting awesome ;-) Congrats.

Kat

..al said...

Hey Sweetie, I hope I am not wearing you out...but here's a cool tag....would love you to do it!

http://ovulationticker.blogspot.com/2009/06/show-and-tell-repeat-oscar-oopshoscar.html

IF Optimist, then... said...

I love your Hot Flaming Mama ticker. V-Awesome. For snacks I like

Ry-Crisp/Wasa flatbread and cottage cheese

corn-tortilla + chicken + jack quesadilla (just buy a roasted chicken, shred all the meat off the bone, put in ziplock in freezer, microwave takes about 30 seconds)

plain yogurt + sliced honey roasted almonds + drizzle honey

HC said...

You got me thinking about food..

1. Peanut butter and blueberry jam on whole grain toast.
2. Veggie dip or hummus or salsa with cut up veggies
3. bread slice pizza
4. veggie and tofu satay ..yumm
5. boiled corn on the cob brushed with salt, lemon juice and pinch of red pepper.

Kate said...

Thanks for the reassurance. I was just so certain they'd stim me for one more day and trigger tomorrow for Sat retrieval. I don't think 8500 is all that high, but I suppose he and Jen know best. I really hope I get at least 15 good ones, or I'll be mad they didn't keep me going another day. I only had 9 days of stims total. I don't think I'd hyperstim with one more day.
This would be much easier if I knew nothing about the process.