CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, June 6, 2009

7w4d

Thanks for all the congrats, peeps. :)

I need to say something here. For my friends reading this who are still in the TTC trenches: if you feel that reading my blog will be too difficult, and you need to skip it, or even want to stop following entirely, please know that I am not at all offended. We all need to do what we need to do in order to take care of ourselves. Capiche?

Ok, of course, you know I'm all panicked again. I woke up early this morning to a searing cramp in my uterus. Enough to take my breath away. I didn't know what to do (i.e., go to an ER?) because it happened just once, plus I'm not bleeding. So I e-mailed the IVF nurse, even though she won't get the message until Monday. And then I drank three cups of water, ate breakfast, and went back to sleep for a few hours. What else could I do?

I still don't understand, incidentally, why my RE says that I would be at 6w6d today. He said he wasn't basing it on embryo measurements. It sounded as though he was basing the first day as the day after transfer, which I don't get, since his EDD doesn't line up with the online IVF due date calculators. So that's why I'm keeping the original due date. I don't think it matters, anyway.

6 comments:

Clare said...

Just wanted to let you know, I will definitely be following your journey. I am so happy for you and I know your journey has not been an easy one. I got my first AF twangs in my belly today and it sent me to bed in tears for the morning. But I am back up now and determined to forge ahead. And reading about your happiness and your pregnancy does not make me feel sad or uncomfortable, it uplifts me. So just to say I will still be checking in :)

Michele said...

I sometimes get quick pains along my lower belly. soon after (this sounds funny, i know), my butt and vagina start to tingle, almost like they are falling asleep. then i HAVE to get to the bathroom. this started in the beginning of this pg and is unique to this one. strange, i know!!!

Amy said...

yeaH, don't worry too much about the dates. Based on egg retrieval, the original due date we had was Feb 26. Then, at a u/s the embryos measured a week ahead somehow, and never fell back, so our new due date was Feb 19. Not that it mattered at all, since they showed up 4wk early, but a few days here or there doesn't make a difference.

Anonymous said...

I had those cramps. My RE told me it was just my uterus stretching and growing. Try not to worry. I know, easier said then done! I'm so happy you got to see your baby and his heartbeat! :)

~C in Hamilton

Victoria said...

I like it.

..al said...

Hey, I enjoy reading your posts...they are fresh, sarcastic sometimes, and 'real'.

I just hope that the cramp was an innocuous twinge. All the very best for you...

How come you and your doc are doing the embryo dating so differently? Does the clock not start from the day of ET?

I was reading your blog much before I started commenting on yours...and just because you are 'on your way', will not make me stop. I am not like that.

All the very best to you!