Three days left until the big ultrasound.
DH said yesterday: "I don't want a baby. I don't want to be a dad. It's too much responsibility."
I nodded. I want him to be able to express these thoughts. I think they're normal. I mean, I'm scared. I often wonder about the reasons why I seem to want a child. In many ways, yeah, I know that it would be easier to avoid all of it. But I know, deep down, that we both don't want to avoid any of it.
So I listen.
_______________
On a very happy note, for my upcoming birthday DH bought phenomenal tickets to Kenny Chesney! :) It'll be the third time we've attended one of his shows - he's an amazing performer. (For those of you not familiar with him: he pulls in as much money from touring as do U2 and the Rolling Stones!)
But now DH is worried that we shouldn't go: he says I shouldn't be located so close to the stage. I think it'll be fine. Chesney's shows are always high energy, but I've never seen unruly audience behaviour (which is surprising, since everyone seems to be aged 21 or less!).
And anyway, I want to dance with DH to "You Save Me." :)
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
7w0d
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:24 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




12 comments:
Oh man your DH is AWESOME! I've been begging for Kenny Chesney tickets for years! They sell out so fast down here it's unreal! Maybe one of these days we'll get to go! You should ask your Dr. just to make sure there's nothing that would harm baby though! (other than your heart beating 100bpm when he hits the stage!!!)
sara
Wow, looks like you had a profound moment with DH...and I glad that he was able to say it the way he wanted to. I am also touched by how caring he is - esp the concert part...When is your birthday?
I know Kenny Chesney...even though I have monkeys for neighbours, crazy snakes for entertainment and cook on cakes of dry goo....I have innnerneetya and Teevya! And if that is not clue enough, the playlist on your blog, has some of his songs...
Happy Birthday! Happy 7w!
All the very very very best for the ultrasound...I know the date...it is June 5, right?
I shall be totally praying for you, your DH and Ninja!
wow...my DH LOVES kenny chesney!! you lucky lucky thing! I love the song "who you'd be today" b/c it reminds me of my daughter (I don't like country music generally).
Its ok to be scared. But its gonna be exciting, I hope!
Good luck for the big u/s!!
Yay! U/S is almost here!!! I wish I was going to see Kenny Chesney! I LOVE that song by the way ;)
I just noticed your title bar---I love it! We think alike. Today my nurse told DH they were treating me just like any other "pregnant" patient. Huh? What? Me pregnant? Yay for only 3 more days!
your husband is awesome!! I am super stoked for you!! my hubby wont go anywhere near country music let alone a concert and kenny rocks!!
yay! only 3 more days!
fear is normal, especially i think, when you've gone through so much to get pregnant. like you said, it is important that he feels comfortable enough to let these thoughts out.
and happy early birthday! i'm a june baby too! :)
hi mate...thanks for your comment. yep. I'd love to see the link to the article or the article, if its not too much of a hassle. I think I'd fall into that category because I've never had sugar level issues, just big arse cysts on u/s. roll eyes.
p.s. just told DH about kenny chesney, its early (not even 6am) so I got a grunt of jealousy =)
thanks!
thanks for the link, it does help. I'll be asking my fertility specialist when he hopefully gives me a call back to confirm either way -thanks!
S
It says a lot about who YOU are that your husband was able to say that. I'm so nutty about the IF that my DH can't say ANYTHING - and when he does say something, it's because he finally got really upset. So that listening is something I still need to work on.
Kenny Chesney is AWESOME. Lucky to have a husband who listens to country too!!
RRS: LOLOL..I would have gone easy...but it is tough...he is assigned to me, so I have to see him through the completion...but lately, I have run out of patience for whiny students....previously I would match their whine with a bigger whine from my side...but now I have lost that loving feeling.
I just have to recover my composure...there is a reason why I never get angry at my class, or my students.... because once I am angry with them, I am angrier with myself. I just have to stand and stare to make a class go hush. Or smile and throw a remark, and the student freezes...
Yeah, its scary, taking the plunge to become a parent. I had moments pop up all through my pregnancy like "what the crap are we doing?" "who thought having a child (let alone two)was a good idea?."
From this side of things, taking on the responsibility hasn't been bad, but the lack of sleep really has been the worst thing. We're getting more sleep now, but still not as much as I'd like.
Anyway, I think you are handling it fine---just listening and not freaking out. Im sure when the baby comes, he'll step up fine.
Post a Comment