Today my very dear husband made the first baby purchase (I'm all of 7w4d, paranoid about loss, and probably will not buy anything infant-related for as long as I can get away with it).
A vintage pram. And it is solid. He paid $40 at a swap meet for it.
The plan is to hot rod the whole thing. Black interior and black paint with a flame paint job. Shine up the chrome, add mags, etc. People are going to go nuts when they see it.
I went crazy when he showed it to me. Won't it be tres adorable? Highly impractical, yes, but who cares? DH said that his colleague and his wife used one in place of a bassinet, which they liked because they could bounce it up and down gently when their baby was fussy. So maybe we'll be able to do that, too.
Gosh, was DH ever proud of himself. As I pushed the pram from the truck up to our suite, he kept looking back at it, and then at me, smiling.
Shortly afterward, we giggled about how, if the Ninja is a boy, we will have newborn photos taken of him sporting a mohawk and a LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS t-shirt.
Even if this all goes to shit, it is a beautiful memory.
Join the rest of the class for Show & Tell here.
Saturday, June 6, 2009
show & tell: Pimp my Pram (baby-related, so please feel free to skip if you're feeling sensitive)
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 7:57 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




22 comments:
Wow that is doing to be one great looking stroller.
I'm glad DH did that for you.
That last line just about did me in. I'm holding your hope for you right now because damn, that is a gorgeous pram.
I LOVE IT!!!!!
Cannot wait to see it all tricked out.
Pimping your pram, how totally fun.
Love it.
Kate
beets those designed baby strollers hands down! ( says one who was a pram baby - from across the pond!)
I can't wait to see it all tricked out! How very cool (not to mention sweet) of your hub to do that!
That is classy! Now, all you need is one of the retro-but-coming-back-in-fashion bikes to ride along side!!!
DH - well done...weeks be darned.
Too cool! And it will be practical for the first couple months before the baby can sit up.
beautiful memories are soothe the soul, even if they bring tears.
the pram is incredibly cool and will look even better when the paint job's complete. most stylish babe in town! "pimp my pram" could be the next big reality show!
i definitely like the idea of using it as a bassinet, very smart and functional all over the house.
Rock on Chica! I am soooooo looking forward to that honey when it is pimped out. Your husband must be one of those clever handy types. Please ask him to take pics of the metamorphosis.
What a great idea...pimp your pram. Can't wait to see it!
And, like Miss Lollipop, that last line just about did me in.
I know how you feel about not wanting to buy anything. The first thing I bought was an porganic cotton sleeper from Baby Gap that I had seen and coveted. I couldn't bring myself to buy it until I announced our pregnancy at 12 weeks. Even then I was nervous. But I did get it on sale! :)
I can't wait to see the made-over pram when it's done! What a great deal! I really hope you get to use it. Hang in there. Take it one day at a time.
lovely! as my husband said when i cried after purchasing a stroller, "our children deserve that we are fully invested." enjoy buying things and planning. even if the worst happens, these things are tangible reminders of your baby and the joy they brought you.
that's awesome and so cute that he bought that for you guys.
I truly hope you post a picture of that all tricked out with the baby bouncing in it for us!
Love it!
I just read the news...Congrats!!
i LOVE it!!! Too cute!
Very cool vintage pram. Will be one fashionista baby! :)
I'll second the vote for photos of the work in progress. It looks great already, but I'm sure will be even cooler after the transformation. Your DH rocks!
Love the vintage stuff. You're really going to do flames??? It will go great with the little ninja suit.
I love it! It is hot hot hot...and very sexy!
Like your hubby's plans....I hope that when the 'pram' is ready, you will photograph it again and show us! Awesomeima!
Go Ninja Go!
A lot of men take a while to get into the whole pregnancy/baby thing, so it's great that he's excited so early! Especially with something so fun.
By the way, both boy and girl ninjas can be badass -- there are some great baby girl clothes too. Whenever you feel ready, you will have lots of fun shopping.
I love the idea! I can't wait to see it with all the flames. Dh thinks out little dude now needs a onsie that said " I rock out with my c#ck out"! I think it's funny but could never bring myself to let my son wear something inappropriate like that! Guys will be guys!
Aphro
Post a Comment