CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 7, 2009

three things

Thanks for all the comments on the pram; I read them to DH. He is so pumped about his plans.

This morning I woke up to this scene: DH sitting on the edge of the couch, staring intently at the pram, and murmuring excitedly, "I'm gonna have to chop it!"

Uh oh. lol
____________________________
The hormones are making me feel, er, ready to go at any given moment - and DH is pretty obsessed with my porn star bbs - but we're not allowed to do the deed. So it feels like we're dating again. Plus, just the fact that he and I are sharing this secret is making us all giggly. It is nothing short of wonderful.
____________________________
To end on a didactic note: As most of you know, our biggest impediment to conceiving was male factor. DH's sample is shoddy all around, at least on the outside (though we did see improvement for IVF #2, thanks to diet, vitamins, and exercise). Finally, our latest RE ordered a test called the SCSA, which looks at the interior of the sperm to see if the DNA is ok - which is what really matters, after all, for the purpose of baby-making. It's not a foolproof test, though, since medical science knows so frustratingly little about male factor issues, but it does provide a 'tip of the iceberg' indication of what you might be up against. It turned out that DH's boys were fine on the inside, which led us to try IVF #2. Anyway, Murgdan at Conceive This! wrote a very lucid and informative post on this topic, and I wanted to share it for anyone else who is battling male factor.

2 comments:

..al said...

Hey, Nice! And LOLOL@ the pornstar boobs...what a tease!

Am glad that it worked out well..All is well that ends well..

I have read Murgdan's post already...she had such a perfect fertilization report...Oh God.

All the best to you!

Michele said...

we cant do "it" either and it is totally like dating! i swear, i think the knowing that there is no way in hell you can have sex really makes you want it all the more. we joke about our Christmas present to each other- sex!