Will moderate comments on the last post later - just because you guys wrote some stuff to which I'd like to respond. If I have time (hardy har). Work is so busy! I even missed what was to have been my first La Leche League meeting because it flew out of my head: I'm so all-consumed with my students when I'm at school.
DH and I are on our 'babymoon.' I just heard about this concept a year ago: the idea of taking one last trip before baby arrives. The name sounds lame to me - maybe because we never even got a honeymoon in the first place (we were broke) - but we thought it would be nice to drive to the U.S. and hang out over our Thanksgiving weekend. So that's what we're doing, and that's why I have internet at the moment. :) We did do some shopping today, but all I got was a maternity bra. It is the picture of ugliness, but seems ... um ... serviceable. Right now I'm nagging DH to go swimming with me, but he's being lazy with his TV remote and a beer.
The real sad part? We didn't even tell my family that we were going. That's how shitty this whole situation has become. Over something as stupid as not helping the pregnant daughter/sister when she needed it. I did not want it to be like this, but they are unwavering in their determination to prove me wrong, and so I don't really want to be around them right now.
Anyway, I'm at 25 weeks and 4 days. :) Ninja is fine - his antics make me laugh. I could swear I felt him this morning wiggle his toes. Twice he has responded to noise outside the womb: once when I dropped something heavy that clattered on the floor, and the second time - on the same day, actually - he jumped when he heard DH yelling in the bathroom (DH is a noisy guy). Train 'em up while they're young, I guess. ;)
I still feel fine. Belly is definitely bigger! Little nephew asked me with deep concern: "Is your ribs cracking?" hahaha I'm just zonked by the end of the workday, which is to be expected, of course, as I'm on my feet for hours at a time. I slept horribly for a stretch there - woke up every morning at 2 due to my hips killing me, since I'm not used to sleeping on my side all night - but now it's more tolerable. And I did have one dizzy spell at work on Friday, but I had been on my feet too much, so it was definitely my fault. (All the same, though, my teaching assistant nearly fainted, since she thought I was going to have the baby right then and there. lol I had to send her out of the room for the remainder of the period - to do photocopying - because she was so rattled!) Overall, I have no complaints. I am very very very lucky, I know, and I'm grateful every day for it.
I must say that I am starting to get worried about swine flu, especially after recent reports about the numbers of American and Cuban pregnant women falling ill and dying from it. I guess that pregnant women are more vulnerable to illness because of weakened immune systems (in my case, I've had 2 colds in the last 6 weeks, and before that I hadn't been sick in ages and ages). I saw that American authorities are recommending that pregnant women get the vaccine when it comes out next month, but I don't know what Canadian authorities are saying. I'm hesitant to get this vaccine, though, considering the lack of testing it's received, yet because I work in a very social environment - with kids who sneeze all over the place and probably don't wash their hands - I'm wondering if I should do it anyway. I'm going to phone my midwife this week to ask for her thoughts.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
on (*gag*) 'babymoon'
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 8:43 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
The H1N1 vaccine has not been tested or approved for use on pregnant women. If you read the insert that comes in the med box it states this multiple times (yet they continue to push pregnant women to get it). Please do lots of research before making a decision.
Oh, dear - swine flu vulnerability and small children - please be careful! I don't know anything about the vaccine, but I understand sometimes they can do more harm than good.
I've missed a couple of posts and now I think I'm caught up. I must say I'm bewildered by your family situation. Your parents are upset because you don't clean their house? Do you live there? Are they too elderly or sick to do the things you mention (mow lawn) themselves and so your siblings do it and you've taken fewer turns? (I mean, you are pregnant...) And does the whole family refuse to visit you (except Sundays)? Their reason sounds contrived; do you think there's another, real reason why? Do you have a sister out there? I am lost. I do hope things smooth out.
I like the wiggling of the toes -- makes me laugh. Have a fantastic babymoon.
Enjoy your baby moon!
Our OB recommended the Flu vaccine but not the Swine Flu one. (We are in the US.) Post pregnancy, he still has only recommended the regular one, which I'll be getting at my PP appt. Peter is due to get his in the near future at work.
Post a Comment