CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

28 weeks!

Third trimester! There are conflicting reports as to when 3rd tri begins, so I’m going to stick with 28 weeks. Today! Hurray for Ninja!

Coincidentally – or maybe not so much – today was the first day I felt huge. Not painful or even uncomfortable; just weirdly enormous. DH and I have to hug ‘sideways,’ otherwise my belly gets squashed. It’s lovely.

I must say that I’m massively lucky to be able to stay on my feet all day. (My feet are swollen, but that’s about it – they don’t hurt – I just can’t wear my pretty shoes.) I don’t even sit down for lunch, really, and I don’t feel bad by the end of the day: just tired, but I always feel that way after a day of teaching. I said to DH about six times tonight that I’m lucky to be so mobile.

Ninja’s movements are becoming more pronounced. I can distinctly feel certain limbs, and I know where his head is (because when he’s active I can see and feel it bobbing along the surface of my abdomen!). When he makes a major shift it feels like the barometric pressure is changing in my stomach. Fantastic. A few days ago I was lying down with my laptop, and noticed that my stomach was crooked. I poked the bulge, and it was definitely a bum. So – because I couldn’t resist – I poked it until he repositioned himself … away from my obnoxious fingers. Oh, the dear babe is going to be so annoyed with me! ;)

I wonder at what point the kicks and punches start to hurt. Nothing has been painful yet, but I keep getting the “just you wait” comments about that. I’m sure it’ll happen soon enough as revenge for my intrusions into Ninja’s inner sanctum. (Sorry, babe, the sanctum belongs to me.)

Two days ago, DH already put out the feelers re: when we’re using the remaining embryos. Yes, this seems a bit premature to ask, considering that we don't yet have a 'take-home' baby, but he’s pushing 40 and he doesn’t want to be an older father. His dad was over 40 when he was born, and he’s already gone; that’s been hard on my poor DH. So this is something to think about.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Congrats on the 3rd trimester!

Anonymous said...

yay, 3rd tri!

I don't remember the kicks/punches really hurting, but perhaps the boys didn't have enough room to get a good windup.

I do remember that what I found most uncomfortable was two things:

1)Baby B constantly lodged in my ribs from 24?wks on. It became harder to breathe as he got bigger.

2)What was probably Baby A, squishing my bladder to the size of a pea, so I always had to pee. This wasn't so much painful as inconvenient.

So, if the baby kicks in a certain way, like straight down on your cervix, I could see that being painful, but maybe he'll pull his punches and it won't hurt at all.

Supermouse