CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

27 weeks!

27 weeks today! Apparently the baby weighs almost two pounds and he can open his eyelids. With that, I have – as far as I know – a functioning human being inside of me. With hair and fingernails and everything, which is kind of gross, when you think about it!

Speaking of gross, I told DH last week or so that if Ninja is in fact a boy, his testicles were in the process of descending to his scrotum. I barely got the words out when DH responded abruptly, “And I’ll tell you right now that he’s already playing with them.” Haha.

Very stressful day, otherwise. Ninja’s movements decreased today – I don’t like that. He was lying too far back in my uterus for me to use my new strategy to wake him. I used the doppler today for the first time in a few months, and his heartrate bounced around quite a bit. I didn’t phone the midwife, and I should have. But now that I’m lying down for the first time today, he’s moving around, so I guess it’s okay.

Plus I bungled details of my thesis defence, and it’s entirely my fault. Thank God and all that’s good for my thesis advisor, who is rushing in to save the day, and for my DH, who is not annoyed with me for dropping the ball.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Dont you just love men? ;)

I'm sorry you werent able to feel Ninja as much as you wanted. That would have freaked me too.

Michele said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
..al said...

Laughing at what your husband said.

Can I borrow your advisor? ;-)

Ninja, go kick your mother's bladder right now!