2 a.m. Can’t sleep. Don’t have TV or internet hooked up yet – hence the reason for my chronically delayed posts – and I read tons at my job, so I have nothing to do. I refuse to do schoolwork at 2 in the morning, not when I’ve already put in a ten- or eleven-hour day. Can’t do errands, obviously. Have five thousand little must-dos, but can’t do them without using internet or phoning people or driving around. So here I am.
I can’t even blame the baby for the insomnia – my hips don’t hurt anymore and he doesn’t kick hard enough to bother me (yet). It’s just part of my stupid sleep disorder – my mind is racing like crazy and I can’t shut it off, no matter what.
Yes, I know I have to ‘get used to’ the sleepless nights, as my mommy acquaintances and friends and family like to say in a most annoyingly condescending way. But they don’t have to leave the house for work the next morning and be a pseudo-parent to 70 kids, plus answer to all their parents. They also do not get the fact that I have a sleep disorder and so restless nights have been part of my life since I was a child. I understand that caring for an infant is a new game on top of sleeplessness, but it’s not as though I’m rolling in the zzzzzz here to begin with.
Yawwwwwn. Sorry for the boring post.
_______________________
Two hours of sleep and one long workday later…
Oy, I’m tired, and I can’t even blame it on Junior!
Anyway, today we got a carseat. Our niece – yes, our niece – is done having kids, and the seat expires in April but is in great shape and has never been in an accident, so she gave it to us. Right on. I’ll wait another month or so and then I’ll get it installed.
DH’s mom is starting to get excited about another grandchild (if you recall, she didn’t want to get her hopes up because of all the infertility/miscarriages/stillbirths the family has had). She told DH yesterday: “I bought something today for my baby! But I’m not showing it to you.” lol
Still waiting for my ultrasound and for the dates of the prenatal classes. I hope the class starts soon, otherwise I don’t know if DH can attend because he’s going on an extended business trip.
Ok, I should try to get some shuteye tonight.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
oct 15
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 2:32 a.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I hope you were able to get some rest!
Ah... Car seats... We are unpacking ours today... Fun times!
I am totally serious about the baby clothes and you would be doing me a favor! I couldnt possibly let you pay for shipping! I can take them to the post this week, so just let me know where to send them and I will box them up! Shoot me an email to michele (dot) haytko (at) gmail (dot) com and just let me know where to send them!
Post a Comment