CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ways in which to torture thy infertile self: TV edition

Watch the following TV shows and commercials:

1. Jon and Kate + 8

2. 17 Kids and Counting

3. that stupid Brooke Shields mini-van commercial

4. Bringing Home Baby

5. A Baby Story

6. any ClearBlue commercial involving sophisticated technology that you pee on

Bah, brain freeze. These are just the most obvious ones I can think of right now.

I'm reminded of that TV show in the Netherlands (aka: Holland, aka: Cheese-Windmill-Pot-Tulip-RedLightDistrict-land). I lived there for a year. Anyway, the show was kinda like A Baby Story, in which all the details of birth were broadcast to the nation, except it contained fewer blurred effects on anatomical areas. This was shown at suppertime, on a major network. It was considered a family show. Interesting. Can't remember what it was called. I wonder how infertile Netherlanders dealt with watching that. I imagine that they'd be more vocal about their infertility, given what I learned about their general temperaments, but I don't recall meeting any infertiles there. They are mega-healthy people.

Anyway, how did I get from Jon and Kate to Dutch infertiles? I'm going to bed.

2 comments:

..al said...

Ha Ha Ha!

Britt said...

Oh my gosh, I HATE and I mean HATE those freaking Brooke Shields commercials!!! She acts like babies are no big deal & ppl just get pg to buy a stupid car. I was shocked the first time I saw one b/c she herself went through infertility so I can't imagine why on earth she would agree to do those commercials.