I need to explain what I wrote in a previous post, namely the following:
I can’t take ‘newbie-isms’ anymore, such as:
(((HUGS)))
I’ll pray for you!
Just think positive!
It only takes one!
It will work!
I have a good feeling about this!
You will be a mother someday!
God wouldn’t put this desire in our hearts if he weren’t going to fulfill it!
*Baby dust!!!*
I bought into most of this stuff for years – as I said, I was once a newbie, too – but I’m finished with it, and felt this way even before the first IVF. I don’t actually get mad about people saying they’ll pray for me – I appreciate that, still – but I can’t take the other comments. I feel more on the vet side of things now. Yet I haven’t gone through nearly as much as a vet.
I don't want my friends and readers to feel bad for similar things that they may have said to me. The thing is that anyone who feels bad is likely not someone I would 'blame' in the first place. I don't know how to explain what I mean. Hm... It's the people who don't get what we're going through (e.g., fertile people and often people who've just begun TTC treatments) who should think before saying things like "Just believe and it will happen." I hope that makes sense. It's a weird thing to try to explain.
I don't mind being prayed for, truthfully, although I don't know what to believe about God at this point. Oh, and to be perfectly honest, I don't mind hugs. ;) So here is a (HUG) for you all.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
An explanation
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:24 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment