Had a midwife appointment.
She wants to keep an eye on my painful hands. (My hands feel arthritic. I’ve heard that carpal tunnel syndrome can happen in pregnancy. It’s really, really strange.)
I did the strep B swab – I don’t think I could possibly get it, really, but I figured I’d veer toward the safe side – and I will get the results in a few weeks.
Baby is breech and seems quite happy in his current position. Midwife says that if he doesn’t turn in the next few weeks, she’ll have me – oh this sounds funny – stick a light down my pants every night and sit on the couch. She assures me that babies love light and so Ninja will want to move his head toward it. She says this technique works in 8 cases out of 10.
Yes, pregnancy means a complete loss of dignity! Good thing that the IVF thoroughly prepared me for this.
Monday, December 14, 2009
there's a light at the end of ... my pants
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 4:46 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
If you do the light/pants thing, do you promise to take a photo and post it? ;-) I love to hear of the methods like that and I'm sure they work, but here's the really strange thing to ponder...who thought of it first? I mean, how do you get THAT inspiration?
Post a Comment