CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 28, 2009

37 weeks

37 weeks!

Baby is full term today.

He’s snug in my uterus and definitely had a good time at Christmas – he stayed awake almost all day for three days in a row! Kicking, pummelling my cervix, twisting, shaking his head, getting the hiccups, jamming his butt into my lungs and over my ribs. Yikes!

Made up with my parents, for the most part. They’ll never really understand what went wrong but it’s ok – I’ll get over it. I don't hold grudges. As for my brother and SIL, I think I’ll just drop it. I love them but they are emotionally on the young-ish side.

Thanks to all who commented on the situation with my AWOL brother. The consensus was not to tell my parents about that grandchild and I agree. They will find out eventually - I'm guessing within a year because bro is on FB with his new name and I know at least one aunt who is aware of his name - but I don't want to be the one to share the news.

Crazy, how much the baby looks like my mom. I wish I could keep her from finding out.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats for making it to 37 weeks! I guess I'm only 6.5 weeks behind you. Can't wait to hear your delivery story!

Michele said...

YAY for full term! I am sorry about the situation with your brother- it blows. No easy way about it. Hopefully, eventually, things will fix themselves.

A Bumpy Ride said...

Wow, it's so good to read a success story! I've just started documenting my journey and it's comforting to know it can lead someplace good. With all good luck for your birth, A Bumpy Ride