CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 31, 2009

another infertile

Just found out that one of my nieces is going through infertility. It hasn't been going on all that long - they've finished the one year of trying with no results - but we all know what it's like for IF'ers around the holidays, particularly when she had to see her SIL and me heavily pregnant.

It should go without saying that my heart ached at this news.

DH and I are thinking of sharing our story with her. Just not sure.

3 comments:

Michele said...

I vote for sharing. We always have and, although it is hard, we still talk about it. We shouldnt be ashamed; it isnt our fault that we are infertile.

Unknown said...

I would share. Without suffering there would be no compassion. She may have many questions you can answer or she just may need to know she's not alone. Regardless, the one thing I've learned about IF is that you treasure those who have walked (or are walking in your shoes). They understand you and the journey you are on better than yourself sometimes.

..al said...

Well, if you have shared good intimacy before, or that you haven't heard their struggles third-party, then, I think you should give it a try.