CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 21, 2009

boring list of symptoms

More and more pregnancy-related side effects are kicking in. It’s all very interesting (to me). Please skip this post if it bores you (and trust me, it is boring) or if you’re feeling sensitive. I’m keeping this list primarily on the chance that I ever get pregnant again because I’m sure I’ll want to compare that situation with the current one.

-I’ve started having cm again and at least once a day for the last 3 days it has looked like ewcm
-for the last month I’ve been ‘leaking’ down there – ewwwww
-I’ve leaked colostrum once and can express it from time to time (I just have to see how it works!)
-a little bit of cramping in the last few weeks – midwife assures me I’m having regular toning contractions but I don’t feel them
-a few months ago I noticed that my nips have developed a brown ring around the rims (including several birthmarks) which looks hilarious
-I get ‘lightning boob’ a few times/week
-no stretch marks yet
-belly button is popping out
-hugely swollen ankles – but they do not hurt
-squishy and swollen feet – none of my shoes fit, nor do my socks!
-hands are mildly swollen and they hurt every morning
-I’m warm even when my students complain that the classroom is cold
-four of my birthmarks have grown exponentially since I got pregnant and I look forward to having them removed
-lots of fine golden hair on my belly
-haven’t gained an absurd amount of weight – I think I’m right on track
-my hair and nails have not grown faster or thicker
-pelvis feels very loose and sore; at night it feels as though it’s going to fall to pieces – it’s so unstable I can’t even roll over in bed
-most of my muscles and joints are sore; paradoxically, I could swear that I feel the pregnancy hormone relaxin kick in periodically because suddenly my joints all get warm and loose – it’s as though I’ve just downed two glasses of wine!
-am often out of breath for no good reason
-eyes are blurry occasionally
-had just the one episode of acid reflux, so far
-on occasion, bleeding gums after I brush and floss
-sleep is becoming harder and harder to get – every night I have to get up a few times to go to the bathroom and to drink water – fortunately, I’m starting to be able to go back to sleep after these awakenings (have never before been able to do this and so I’m glad it’s happening before the baby comes so that I get used to falling back asleep after night-time feedings)
-abdomen is not at all uncomfortable except for night-time when it really, really hurts to roll over (why just at night? I don’t get it) – and I can still bend over to pick things off the floor
-bm’s have slowed down since spring but I’m not constipated
-in the last 3 days I’ve been hungry shortly after I eat a meal (yikes, as though Ninja needs to go on a growth spurt?)
-after a five- or six-month absence, my sex drive has returned
-have a severe case of the dropsies – oh man, I’m klutzy lately!
-acne is getting better, though it still shows up in funny places!
-starting a few days ago, I’ve been needing a nap every day
-my nose is often stuffed, especially in the evenings
-haven’t really been sick – I had 2 or 3 uber-mild colds in September but, after that, nothing
-cravings – I wouldn’t say I’m having cravings but I am still eating a lot more sweets than normal (I guess it is Christmas, though…)
-my sciatic was bugging me in the first part of the third tri but I haven’t really felt it since

And, of course, my belly is huge! I look ready to tip over, only my fat ankles are keeping me grounded!

Funny thing is that I’m only now just starting to feel pregnant. None of the pregnancy symptoms I’ve listed are overwhelming. Most of them are subtle and they come and go. Right now I’m sitting on my comfy chair in my living room and I don’t feel remotely pregnant, though I will when I try to get up and my pelvis starts grumbling and the baby kicks me in annoyance and I realize I can’t see my feet!

DH asked me a cute question today: “How come you’re not taking any pictures of yourself? You should. You look great.” I guess I’ll take one tomorrow to celebrate hitting 36 weeks. (Wow, 36 weeks!)

1 comments:

IF Optimist, then... said...

Cool list. I think you will absolutely find it useful if you ever want to refer back in future.