If I thought maternity clothes were bad... holy cow, is nursing wear ever 100 times worse. I know I don't need clothes, other than a bra, that pertain specifically to nursing but I want to make breastfeeding as easy and anxiety-free as possible.
All I wanted were two nursing tank tops. I figured I could wear them underneath a lot of my jackets and cardigans.
Well they are stupid and expensive. They don't even fit correctly: the liners are cut bigger than the actual tops and so the fit is all bunchy and awkward.
I did buy one decent tank but that's it. I'll figure something else out!
______________________
DH says baby is starting to drop. All I know is that walking, in general, is often beyond my capability right now!
Oh my goodness, so much to get ready! I haven’t packed a hospital bag or finished prep for a homebirth. I ran around for the last 2 hours getting things together. Must do school work tomorrow. I estimate that I have 22 hours of paperwork left – on top of regular teaching duties – before I can really and truly be on maternity leave.
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
more clothes shopping (yuck!)
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 6:23 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Nursing Tops: Honestly, I found that the plus size tops at Lane Bryant were the best things ever. I have almost 10 tank tops and they are stretchy and great. I was able to whip a boob out whenever I needed to! And best yet, I could just roll them down to pump. Awesome shirts. Highly recommended. And only $13 each.
Wow - it seems like it's come so fast! (Probably not to you :) .) I'm surprised to hear that nursing tops are designed so badly. I think in our mothers' day it was a matter of blouses that button up, or maybe jumpers, or cross-front tops...? I really have no idea. Good luck with that! And merry Christmas!
I ordered a few nursing tanks from Target.com and loved them! They weren't expensive (like $15/each?). I kept looking to pick up some more later, but never found them in the stores. I liked that I could nurse w/o having to expose my belly...
Hope you find some things you like. Hard to believe you're almost at the end! Can't wait to hear all about Ninja's arrival...
Take care,
"Daisy"
Post a Comment