Wiseguy asked me a while ago if I did get my thesis done. Yes, for the most part (thanks for asking!).
I did have the defence – had to fly back to my university for that. (No physical complications except that my ankles swelled to enormous proportions!) The defence itself went well – although I stuttered through much of it, mainly because my external examiner is a huge name in my field – and I am so relieved to be done. Though I need to do more revisions before I can submit my final copy. My committee assures me that my thesis is publishable.
Yay for me. Another piece of paper to hang in my bathroom.
Will I end up doing a Ph.D. in the future? I never used to think so but now I’m feeling that it’s a distinct possibility. Don’t know how that would all work with a spouse and a child but DH says if I want it we will make it work. Isn’t he a great guy?
Anyway, the worst part of my trip was that the baby didn’t move much during the first day. At midnight I was panicking. I played loud music, drank cold water, poked his head, jumped around, but nothing. Finally, I decided that I’d drink half a litre of 7-Up and then if I still felt nothing, I’d head to the local ER. After I downed the soda and poked around in my abdomen, he finally woke up. And then, much to my relief, for an hour I felt his rage at being disturbed from his slumber.
Whew… I’ve never in my life been so happy not to be able to sleep.
Saturday, December 19, 2009
now i'm smarter?
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 4:49 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment