CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

dislikes (which are purely trivial so who cares?)

The only things I have 'disliked' about pregnancy:

a) None of people’s stupid comments came true - every single one of the ‘just you waits’ was false advertising. E.g., “just you wait, you’ll be loaded with stretch marks,” “just you wait, the baby’s kicks will hurt,” “just you wait, you’ll be glad when you’re not pregnant anymore.” None was true.

b) I’m not a big drinker by any stretch of the imagination – my pre-pregnancy average was 2 or 3 drinks per month – but I am looking forward to an alcoholic beverage. In fact, DH is under strict instructions to get me a bottle of stout following my first breastfeeding session! (My midwife said it was a good idea to drink a dark beer because the hops will help my milk come in – ok!)

c) Maternity clothes in general = yuck. Ugly. Ill fitting. Pants, especially, slide down at the slightest provocation (and I don’t mean anything sexual by that, unfortunately!). No wonder many pregnant women look terrible: it’s because pretty maternity apparel seems to be an unreachable goal!

Trivial things aside, I’ll miss being pregnant. It was a hundred times better than I ever thought it might be. It all seems too good to be true…

7 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, that's a lot of posts to catch up on! Hope the homebirth goes well - I'm sure it will.
I'd probably confide in your niece, but that's just me. You know your way around the system pretty well by now, and can probably give her a lot of valuable tips. Plus she'd be way less bitter to see you with a cute little baby in your arms. I'm sure she'd be able to be discrete and not tell everyone else in the family if you don't want her to.

Kristy said...

I agree that being pregnant is so wonderful that I know I'll miss it when its over. It's going by too quickly!

Michele said...

Guinness is known for helping breast milk production and it's true! It did help me (until the PCOS and mastitis combined did me in...) But YES! Have a drink!

..al said...

Oy! I love you for that...

Those who tend to squeak are usually the ones who have had it too easy....

Am so looking forward to be on the same boat! :-)

Sara said...

I totally agree. Other than the complications in the beginning, I have loved every minute of this pregnancy! I'm just starting to get uncomfortable, but I still love it!

Clare said...

Sending lots and lots of good wishes your way for the big day! So exciting!!

the misfit said...

A friend of mine who had great pregnancy-wear told me she hated maternity clothes, and just bought normal clothing in larger sizes. I have no idea how she made this work, but she will deliver her fifth soon, so I am sure she knows what she's talking about. Or, at least for her figure.

I can't believe you're nearing the end of your pregnancy - I think I started reading the week you got your bfp? The time flies!