CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

day off, well deserved

Stuff with the parent blew up in my face. The things she said are so ridiculous – they constitute harassment, honestly – and they’re going to bother me forever. Thank goodness I have loads of documentation and evidence to prove her otherwise. Thank goodness for my dad, who has taught this student’s sibling and who told me from experience that this parent was a nut job. And thank goodness I have a great principal who has my back.

I took today off, anyway. Partly a mental day but mostly because I feel like crap. First official day of being ‘uncomfortable.’ Baby dropped overnight – now I’ve got a funny flat spot on the bottom of my drooping belly - and I think I’m having contractions. I don’t know. My uterus is pulling tight but it doesn’t hurt. My ute has done this all along – it starts to feel tight and as though the barometric pressure is changing – but I always thought it was the baby moving in an odd way. Now I realize it’s not him – I think it’s contractions.

I feel lousy. Every part of me feels arthritic. Except for my back which is still fine. Isn’t that bizarre, considering my chronic back problems? Feet and legs are humungous and I have carpal tunnel in my hands. And diarrhea (which I hear is a good sign). And I pee 19 times/day.
But all I can think about is when I’ll get report cards done. People are giving me pitying looks re: my hugely pregnant state but I can’t think about my ailments – I’m far more concerned about my job. I don’t feel worried or distressed about my physical status. No matter what, it’s not nearly as bad as what people said it would be. Really. Am I saying this because of the lingering infertile state of mind (“oh, I can’t complain about any aspect of finally being pregnant”) or is it just my personality? Or both? Or is it all just really not that bad?

My poor babe. I was so stressed out at school yesterday I forgot until 3 p.m. to drink water. I’m being a terrible mother. Tomorrow is my last day at work and so then hopefully I’ll be able to chill a bit.

0 comments: