CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

back to work

Back to work tomorrow. Yikes, I hope I can find shoes that will fit my monstrous feet!

Still haven’t decided when I’ll take maternity leave. As long as baby doesn’t come sooner, I hope to work until at least January 11th. My principal said I can leave any time I like, though. And it would be great to be on mat leave already, it’s just that I have so much to do: finish administering final exams, do report cards, clean out my classroom and take everything home, etc.

And I like the job. I don’t mind staying as long as I can.

I’m afraid of Ninja coming before the 11th; if s/he arrives before that, I will not be finished exams and report cards. Not sure what I’ll do, then. It’s certainly not fair for the substitute teacher to do it; yet I want that time with my newborn to be sacred – I don’t want to have to mark stuff and do report cards and pack up my classroom when I’ll really need to feed the baby and to sleep and to cuddle with DH.

On the other hand, if s/he comes sooner, that would be better, actually, because DH would get to spend extra time with him/her before he has to go away for work.

Of course, this is completely out of my control. All I know is that I want a healthy and happy baby.

0 comments: