CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

40 weeks. I never thought I’d get to this point. And here I am.

My first official day of maternity leave. In Canada most of us are entitled to 50 weeks of unemployment benefits for mat leave (plus a 2 week waiting period). I probably should have chilled on the couch but I didn’t. I cooked more freezer meals, cleaned, ran errands, etc. Cried once because I am so lucky.

I can’t believe I worked right up to my due date. Most people I know take off from work at least 1 week to a month ahead of time. I liked my job, though, and … well … that’s just the way I am. I have had an unbelievably easy pregnancy, as well, which helped. If I’d had morning sickness and uncontrolled edema and a sore back, I would’ve considered leaving earlier. But I didn’t. It was all good.

DH has managed to prolong his job by another week. But this means that if Ninja is 2 weeks overdue that DH might not be able to come home at all until the job is finished. It all stresses me out too much to even explain the situation here. I’ve got castor oil to try getting baby out but I don’t want to use it without consulting first with my midwife. So DH and I did the deed – fantastic, by the way! – but it didn’t get anything started.

Come on, Ninja, bust a move already!

0 comments: