CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

thesis

Just finished my thesis draft and sent it off to my committee. Hallelujah. Now I have to wait 2 to 3 weeks to get their feedback so that I can do revisions and then book a date for my defence.

However, I've missed the deadline to graduate in October, so I'll have to pay continuing fees for two additional semesters. How fab. If it weren't for the IVFs, I would've graduated already. But if it weren't for the second IVF, I would not be knocked up right now. So I'll deal with it, since obviously I prefer the latter choice.

I don't know, though, if the finance department will be ok with my late submission: since I had external funding, I was supposed to have graduated by now. I'm scared that I'll have to pay back a bunch of the funding dollars, and that would be a big chunk of change. I'm hoping that I can appeal by giving the reasons for the delay, which are, of course IVF, miscarriage, FET + BFN, and IVF #2. All within 9 months. That's a good enough reason for a slowed-down timeline, isn't it? I sure hope they will be understanding.

4 comments:

Michele said...

hope it all works out!

..al said...

Hallelujah indeed!!!


Now that you are done with yours, maybe you could come here and do mine?

:-)

Hope that extra fees matter is solved favourably.


Good Luck!

Clare said...

They better be understanding about that! Wishing you lots of luck!!!

Kate said...

congratulations on your thesis submission and I sure hope all goes well with the funding. I cannot imagine doing both things at the same time: trying to conceive and graduate work! good lord.

GOOD LUCK!

Kate