CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 7, 2009

August 7, 2009 (16w3d)

I'm rockin' a beer gut, yet sadly have few clothes to wear. lol

So one of my sisters-in-law - the one who's endured 4 miscarriages and 2 stillborn babies - took me along with her and her 2 kids to the U.S. for a day. So that I could shop to my heart's content. Isn't that wildly gracious of her? And now my credit card hates me. lol It wasn't really that bad, though. For $165 USD (plus $40 CDN in duty and taxes) I got everything else I needed for my work wardrobe. I can mix 'n' match everything, and most of it is fairly cute stuff - much better than anything I have seen in the Great White North - and besides that, I estimated that I saved about $250-$300.

The best part of the shopping expedition? Laughing at my 4-year-old nephew who trailed his mom in the stores, exclaiming, "Where's my momma? My sweeeeeet hot momma!" He's a troublemaker, just like my DH's side of the family!

And then it got even better. On the way home, I felt the baby move for the first time. :) :) :) Just 3 or 4 very soft taps inside my uterus, but it was the best feeling in the world.

2 comments:

loribeth said...

Just catching up on reading your posts. I would love to get to GF one of these days when I'm home! Glad you had a good time & found some bargains, & that everything is going well!

Britt said...

Oh my gosh, I am SO happy that you felt the baby!!! I can't imagine what that must have felt like! I'm in tears just thinking about it. I know you have waited SO long for that!! SOOOOOO freaking happy for you!!!!!!!!