CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

august 4, 2009 (16 weeks)

Had a midwife appointment today. All was well. The midwife spent most of the hour asking questions about my family support, my relationship with DH, my attitude toward being a mother, and so on. Very interesting that she's as concerned about my emotional and mental well-being as my physical health.

She gave me a copy of a birth plan to fill out. After I got to my car, I sat for awhile and looked at the plan. I dug out a pen and began to make check marks and notes. Then, as I began to really process what was being asked of me (e.g., Do you want access to a mirror? Do you want to touch the baby's head as it's crowning?), and imagining it, I burst into tears and cried all over my car. lol I can't believe this is real, and that it might really happen.

1 comments:

Michele said...

that's wonderful!!! I am so glad for such a great m/w!