CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 11, 2010

milestones

So many milestones in such a short amount of time.

A few days ago, she:
-found her toes and played with them
-recognized her first word ('tickle' - heehee!)
-pulled herself up to sitting (from a semi-reclined position) and held her balance
-tried her first food (avocado)- I had planned to wait until the 6-month mark to introduce solids and we're not there yet but I wanted DH to be around for the big event; I figured that a few weeks' difference wouldn't hurt

And then today, she:
-was introduced to the sippy cup and used it successfully (to down some expressed milk) - HOW ANNOYING that she accepted the cup and not the bottle! I could've tried the sippy much earlier! Silly kid!
-kissed daddy for the first time :) - she sings a bit, then i'm expected to sing back, and then she plants her round mouth on mine. she invented this ritual. DH got it for the first time and he just about melted.

Mother's intuition (is not an old wives' tale): I told DH over the phone last week that it was good he was coming home this weekend because I sensed that Ninja would be doing a lot of new things. Was I ever right, much to my chagrin. She won't be a baby much longer, at this rate.

2 comments:

..al said...

How lovely...

I am glad Ninja is doing so well and Daddy got smooched.

Kate said...

She sounds like shes wonderful!