CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

convincing DH

OHW: I e-mailed the IVF nurse today.

DH: Oh? How is she doing?

OHW: Don't know - she's away from work but she says she will get back to me ASAP.

DH: She's so nice.

OHW: Yes. Do you want to know what I was asking her?

DH: Mm hm.

OHW: What the FET will involve. (Lists off the questions.) We've done this before but I forget it all and it was at a different clinic, anyway, so this one probably has different protocols.

DH: We said next summer, right?

OHW: Yeah.

DH: Well, I want a January baby. So let's do it in ... April.

OHW: (Laughs.) ("If this even works," she thinks; she knows that DH is acutely aware of the chance of failure.)

DH: Ok?

OHW: Why January?

DH: Because it's cool! That's when my daughter was born. And how many other people do you know who were born in that month? No one. (*Explanation here: it's so friggin' cold during our winters that no one who is able to 'plan' a pregnancy chooses to give birth during January.)

OHW: (Laughs.) Well, summer is good.

DH: No. (Decisively.) April.

OHW: Ok. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

one-hit_wonder said...

Kate, I'll let u know what the IVF nurse says. :)

Victoria said...

I like both months - January and April