Ninja thinks I'm The Most Wonderful Thing Ever and that is the #1 reason why she won't ever go to sleep.
I'm a very ordinary person. Reserved, nerdy, semi-crunchy. I think I have a decent sense of humour and I do like to be the instigator of pranks. (I whisper ideas and then others do my dirty work. I look innocent and so I get off scot-free!)
But my dear child considers me the be-all and end-all. Which is very flattering. It's a new experience to me: having a captive audience. She laughs at all my jokes.
She thinks almost everything is a hoot, really.
Two weekends ago she laughed in the crying face of her cousin, a four-month-old baby.
Last week she laughed at two ladies in the thrift store who, most unfortunately, were at the receiving end of a crashingly broken full rack of clothes. (And then she tutted at the ladies, presumably to guide them to the best way of remedying their problem. I giggled so hard I had to leave the store.)
Schadenfreude much? ;)
Her laugh isn't that loud yet. Occasionally she manages to actually make 'laughter' sounds - especially when I tickle her, which occurs at least every 2 minutes - but usually her giggles are more physical (shaking body and smiling face) than aural.
Today the Ninja was babbling away and I was imitating her. She stopped chatting and laughed out loud. That was the first time that she communicated to me her understanding of what was happening when I make the same sounds that she does.
Ah, baby giggles. There's nothing better. Except maybe the experience of watching this little person learn to listen and to talk.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
a captive audience
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:38 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I'm glad she's enjoying you. I can see her smiles.
Kids are so innocent thinking we are the best (lol).
Post a Comment