CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 20, 2009

whoa, i'm big!

Now I REALLY feel pregnant.

Starting last weekend, my sleep started getting affected - I'm up to pee every night at 3 or 4 in the morning, and can't go back to sleep afterward. By Wednesday I was such a zombie that I had to call in sick. (Ninja had a great time that day, incidentally - he didn't sleep all afternoon, and was busy jumping around. It was fun.)

Ninja is growing and growing. He likes to push himself out as far as possible, so there are baby body parts sticking out everywhere. DH thinks this is all massively gross! Haha.

And, also starting this week, people started commenting on how fat I am. (Which I'm not, actually: I'm pregnant, not fat.) I'm getting these comments every day at work, and it makes me wonder why people can be so inconsiderate toward pregnant women. I mean, I am aware that I look very different, but there's a good reason for it, and I don't need to have it pointed out to me. A colleague actually told me that my face was "chubbing out." I looked at her in shock; she tried to clarify what she was saying, but it didn't work, and I was too stunned to respond. I don't know where the comment came from - my face looks the same as it did before. But I was nearly in tears for the next hour - I hadn't slept in two days and my classes were wearing me out, so I was hyper-sensitive.

These are not complaints, incidentally. Overall I feel good, except for the fatigue. Actually, I feel better than normal because since I got pregnant, my chronic debilitating back and neck pain have disappeared. I'll take all the pregnancy discomforts in exchange for having a comfortable spine!

And I am surprised, honestly, that these physical sensations took so long to crop up. I mean, really - I made it to week 31 feeling almost completely normal. I thought I'd feel like crap for all 40 weeks, so my experience has been amazing!

2 comments:

IF Optimist, then... said...

Sorry you have been tired, but feeling the ninja practice his swift moves must be very exciting. I have two words for you to remember "That's rude." If someone says something like that. Call them on it. If they stutter, you can always follow it up with "What did your insensitive comment mean t6o accomplish?" Also there's the old standard, "I may be fat, but you're ugly...and I can diet after the baby is born."

Michele said...

Man, people can be nasty! I cant believe someone said that to you!