CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

midwife appointment today

DH surprised me by showing up. Good timing for it, too, as we went through the birth plan, so it was helpful to have him there for such decisions as circumcision (the answer to which is a resounding no, by the way). DH was cracking jokes out of sheer anxiety and nervousness; I didn't realize the extent to which he dreads l & d. He grew up on a farm, so he's more than familiar with the birth process, but he says "an animal is different than a wife."

We'll see if he's even present, though. He'll likely be too far away to drive back in time, though he's going to try, of course. And even if he does make it, I don't know if he'll stay in the same room as me. I'm not too worried about it, though.

Anyway, the midwife checked out the baby, and all is well. DH was very curious about what she was looking for and why. And apparently I had a contraction while she was doing the examination, but I didn't feel it. I haven't felt any of those toning contractions that I'm supposedly having. Yay for me.

Wanna hear something funny? Cervadil (which I guess is an agent that helps induce labour) is made from pig semen. Ewwwwwww... (I did not know this, but DH sure did! the midwife mentioned Cervadil when we were discussing how to avoid induction, and DH started laaaaaughing...)

1 comments:

Michele said...

Yay to No Circ! Our little guy is in tact too, and it is nice to see others going all natural too!