Am getting really tired of people’s comments. Wow, can they ever say and do dumb things to pregnant women. E.g., inspecting my butt to see if I’m having a boy or a girl; or one of my SILs walking into my house and exclaiming that my ankles are huge.
I felt really good about my self-image until people started telling me how massive I have apparently become. This doesn’t even really make sense to me. I was average-sized to begin with – and quite toned from the gym – and I’ve gained only around 20 pounds. You really can’t even tell from my face or from my posterior view that I’m expecting: all the weight is in my belly and, to some extent, in my upgraded boobs. So I think, realistically, that I must look normal for a woman who’s at 33 weeks’ gestation, but that’s hard to remember when all the adults around me – not the kids or even the adolescent students in my care, interestingly enough – are emphasizing my seemingly elephantine proportions. DH waves it off and tells me I look gorgeous, though, so that’s good.
Anyway, I’m GLAD to be huge – it means I have a baby growing away!
Monday, November 30, 2009
apparently i am massive?
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 6:02 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I never minded too much the "you are big" comments- I was carrying twins, I should be big dammit! But yesterday, an aunt said to me "So, when are you going to lose all the baby weight?" This hurt for several reasons, one being that I am lighter than I was at conception (only by a few pounds, but still). It really stung.
So, sadly, I dont know that it gets better!
Don't worry about it! You've mentioned your weight gain is normal so most likely, people are just being tactless and surprised at your appearance. Oddly enough, I WAS huge and while I certainly got some comments, not nearly as many as you seem to be getting. Perhaps your friends/relatives/coworkers simply don't know what to say. Of course, you could always be snarky and tell them you are having a goat.
Glad you picked a boy's name---but probably a good idea to have a girl's name just in case. Assuming your instinct is correct,then you just save the girl name for the next baby!
Im glad to hear that you are healthy and things are trucking along as normal, and hopefully, your homebirth will go smoothly and relatively quickly. Babies can change position pretty late in the game, so don't worry too much about back labor/sunny side up baby just yet. Gavin was lying transverse, with his head facing my right for a long time, and a day or two before he was born, I swear I felt him flip. Sure enough, when I got to the hospital in labor, they did quick u/s to determine the babies' positions and his head was on the left now, and he was as head down as he could get with his brother in the way. Whatever the signal is for babies to switch to birthing position, clearly it was loud and clear for mine.
Your mini-shower sounds lovely! Im glad you had a nice day with your friends and got some great gifts!
Butt Inspection = Gender Guesses? Whoa....
Well, maybe because you were very 'toned' to begin with, the changes in your body are more obviously visible??? I am just tryin' to look for a polite explanation here, but still, gawd....I just hope they take a break with that!!!
I am sure you look great!
Post a Comment