CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

H1N1

Got the H1N1 shot. My muscles are pretty sore, especially my pelvic area and butt. I have to walk pretty slowly. And I was so tired last night - I kept falling asleep even though I was trying to stay awake! That was a first for me.

Baby is still fine - regular movements, etc.

Anyway, I am glad I got it. H1N1 has hit our town, and at least 1 of my students told me that he'd had it. I have other students, as well, who are so sick I don't know why they don't stay home or go to the hospital.

The reason I finally made up my mind: I e-mailed the RE, whom DH and I both trust, and he said that he's recommending it for us both, as well as the seasonal flue vaccine. That was the deciding factor. He's the miracle man in our collective opinion, so what he says goes.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you'll be protected soon. Dr H must have been excited to hear all's going well with ninja!
Did he say adjuvant or non adjuvant? Just curious. Too late for me, since I already got the adjuvanted one, and am still happy with that decision.
If you got the adjuvanted one, the ache should be much better today - 48 hours seemed to be the limit for me.

..al said...

Precaution is better than cure...any day! I am happy that you are now safe!

Michele said...

we've got to get ours too. both our RE and OB, whom we love and trust, said GET IT!!!

I still have your box, ready to mail, in my kitchen. I will get to the post office! I promise!!!