oh boy, the pregnancy aches and pains i kept hearing about have kicked in. literally. 2 days ago, ninja started giving me 'crotch zingers.' yowch!
yesterday i was officially 'uncomfortable.' sitting on a friend's couch, baby stretched out in an awkward position, and me feeling as though my period would start any minute: cramps reaching from my abdomen to my knees. went home, went to the bathroom, and then felt ok. don't know what that was about. was it a contraction?
i can't stay on my feet forever, as i've been able to do for most of 2nd and 3rd tri. get too tired and out of breath, and sciatic nerve starts grumbling.
also, i can't change positions in bed without practically standing up and then switching sides. otherwise my stomach hurts.
the discomfort pretty much all started this week, at week 30. i take an anthropological interest in all of this. i'm so grateful to be pregnant - i still check the tp every single time to see if there's blood - i find my changing body completely fascinating.
i still think i look good. i looked at myself in the mirror and thought about how lucky i am and how much i like my body right now. strange. i wonder how i'll feel about my body post birth. i hope it's not too much of a culture shock for me, even though i know a lot of yucky things are just inevitable.
on a side note, my prenatal classes have been cancelled, due to lack of woman- and man-power because of the H1N1 thing. ah well. my midwife said it was no big deal; she'd tell me what i need to know. oh i am so glad to have her - a doctor would never have the time for that!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
definitely feeling pregnant
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 6:56 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Wow!
For one you have a really great midwife...for two, I am sorry for how widespread the impact of H1N1 seems to be.
LOL@ Crotch Zingers...Maybe your midwife can tell you some way to alleviate the discomfort.
I am so glad that you are so comfy in the skin you are in!
You should post a belly pic!
My doctor always had plenty of time to answer any and all questions. I think it's just a matter of finding a doctor you like and are comfortable with. She also let me be the one to decide, at the very last minute, if I wanted a C section or not. I never felt rushed by my doctor.
Anyway, that cramping you felt could have been a contraction. I never had any painful ones until labor (pre term, and regular) but B/H are very common in the third tri and I could see how it could feel crampy depending on your position and the baby's.
I took a multiples class, which wasn't a birth class about birthing techniques or dealing with labor. Instead, we learned about the birth process in general, and specifically how it could go with twins. We learned all about C section and vaginal birth,a nd all of the various interventions (pros and cons).
And, most importantly, we learned a little about life after having twins. (the woman teaching the class had had twins herself.) At any rate, since I didn't expect to have a vaginal delivery, I never bothered to learn any Bradley or Hypnobirthing methods.
But, like your midwife says, between her on the spot help and your natural instincts, you'll do fine. The nurse explained the whole push-timing thing to me in about 5minutes and after that, it was about finding my rhythm and pushing as hard as I could. I did have an epidural, but it wasn't so much and I could still feel contractions. So, the doctors and nurses who were there pretty much let me set my own pace and acted as cheerleaders.
--Supermouse (Amy)
I'm sorry your classes were cancelled. Bummer! If you want, I can mail up my Bradley workbook. (I will get to the post for your box- I promise!)
I loved my body pregnant. It just felt so... natural.
Post a Comment