CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

baby shower

One of my dear friends threw me a baby shower today. Involved her family, whom I consider family, as well. They took me to the nearest REAL city for lunch at an Italian restaurant and shopping. Then we went back to her parents’ place for gifts and snacks. I wasn’t terribly talkative, since I was so tired from the week at school, but I had a wonderful time. And they gave me the loveliest things: 3 handmade blankets, a box of homemade canned goods and baking, a Bumbo (have never seen this before but it looks like a great idea), and a bunch of other stuff.

So it wasn't really a shower: it was just her family, there were no games, no decorations, and no goofy finger sandwiches. Yay! It was a million times better.

Then I finally felt in the mood to shop, so I went back to said real city on Sunday and did baby shopping. Well, really I got necessities for a homebirth. Everything from an aquarium net to lemon juice!

1 comments:

Michele said...

Lovely!!! Sounds like a great time!