might be going back to work in january. i am so conflicted about this (as is every new mother, i know). my old principal recruited me. i loved working with her. and now that i have a graduate degree, i'd get decent pay.
pros:
-$ (my maternity leave runs out in january and dh's paycheque is barely enough for us to live on)
-i like the school
-i could get out of the house every day - i get so claustrophobic every day
-ninja would be exposed to other kids
-ninja would spend time with my mom and would pick up one of our native languages
-i could still nurse ninja during most noon hours
cons:
-that much time away from ninja?
-the winter drive is wicked
-no sleep (ninja wakes up 7-12 times/night)
-no free time whatsoever
-will i find good daycare? will a spot even be open?
-would ninja adjust? would she nap at daycare? would she cry all day for me?
i have 2 or 3 weeks to decide.
Saturday, October 2, 2010
work? or sahm?
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:42 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I'm a SAHM and, while there are sacrifices, it is worth every single second. I cannot even imagine the missing I would feel if I were away from them all day.
That being said, one of my best friends works full time and she says that she cant imagine not working.
I think a lot of it is your expectation of motherhood and yourself.
If you love your work and need the money, and will be a better mom for having had some contact with others, I say work. I'm cerainly glad I'm still working. But in the end, only you can decide.
I would say 'Join'... if it becomes too tough to manage it all, you can always quit.
But you may be passing up a good offer if you don't join.
I will also like you to use your instinct. Your heart already knows what is right.
Decisions. Wish I could help you decide.
Post a Comment