ran into a former colleague (the one from a few months ago who b!tched about being a mom). she's expecting again. yay for her.
**************
my dh's employee is 18 years old. so is his new wife. they are 'trying.'
**************
i have a cousin, A, who, despite her love for animals and her volunteer work in palliative care, is missing a sensitivity chip. we bicker on Facebook over spanking (i'm con, she's pro), how old the world is, SAHM vs 'work out' mom, etc. she says some things that make me feel absolutely incredulous. i think i blogged about her a few weeks ago (re: the spanking issue).
anyway, she just said the dumbest thing online.
A's Facebook status: I can't believe I'm turning 30 in a few weeks! I'm getting old!
Our mutual cousin, S (dealt with infertility her whole life and has never been able to sustain a pregnancy) comments: i'm looking forward to my next birthday, and i'll be 40...But, have never felt younger than i do these days...
A: What's your secret? Not having kids maybe? LOL
S: very close...having a hysterectomy
A: LOL Well I don't wanna do that. lol
yep, i wanna smack her, too. my dh, who normally doesn't swear, let out a string of expletives when i told him about A's latest online misdemeanour.
**************
ran into another cousin today. she's open about her infertility and baby loss (one live child, miscarriages, and one stillborn child). she mentioned that her RE had given her the green light to try again. IVF was supposed to be the best option but she didn't want to go through with that.
ah, i wanted to tell her. but i couldn't.
then she mentioned her reasons against IVF (excess embryos, playing God, etc.). including what public opinion would be if she tried it.
every reason why I am NOT open about my ART experiences. i'm glad i kept mum, at least for now.
she wondered sadly if she needed to accept that she had a one-child family.
i said fiercely that she needed to do what was best for herself. i added that i was happy for her green light and that she'd be in my thoughts. she smiled gratefully at me. she probably thinks she's the only one. if she only knew.
Friday, October 15, 2010
mommy moments
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 10:01 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
Mixed moments!
Moment 1: so if you bitch about being mommy/mommyhood, you get smacked by it again.
Moment 2: I wonder if I 'tried' at 18, would I have done better in the TTC department. One of my classmates got married at 19...and was ttc soon after. She had her baby boy #1 at 25/26. Six years of waiting but having the kiddo at 25 is not that bad.
Moment 3: Dear A, #### ###.
Post a Comment