CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Wardrobe Woes

I definitely have a belly; no denying it. So I went to a Thyme Maternity store– which is a two-hour drive away – a few days ago, since I’m going to need a few more clothes in a couple of weeks, and almost started crying: everything was overpriced and hideous. (And remember, I’m addicted to beautiful clothes and jewelry.) Wal-Mart mat clothes were pure $hit; I can’t even bear to tell you what I saw. Old Navy’s clothes were very plain and shapeless, and they looked as though they’d fall apart after a few washings. Everything looked like stuff that 75-year-old women would wear.

I really wish I’d bought more clothes at that American Motherhood Maternity outlet. Most of their selection was ugly, too, but with careful hunting, I found some cute and reasonably priced items. I should’ve bought out the store, especially the bargain rack $9 USD dress pants. Slacks at Thyme were $60 CDN!!! And I’ll need at least two pairs for work. Urgh. So I guess we will end up making a run to the US in August for clothes. I don’t think I’ll need that much – I’ve already planned out what I will buy so that I can mix and match, thereby creating a number of outfits from just a few items – but I won’t be able to get it locally.

Though today I went to a local consignment shop, and found a pair of Bluenotes jeans, MM slacks, a denim jacket, and a red dressy t-shirt, all for $30. Now that’s what I want to see more of.

I should open a maternity store in my area, seriously. Pretty much everyone my age is pregnant with their third or fourth kid, but good clothes are hard to come by. Or maybe I should learn more about sewing, and just make my own.

4 comments:

Michele said...

i confess... i hate shopping for maternity clothes. ugh... i guess i can sing a praise of bedrest- nudity!!! lol

Anonymous said...

Does Motherhood ship to Canada? They have some decent sales online most of the time. And Old Navy online is WAY better than at the store, the stores suck! Oh and maybe try Target, they aren't much better than WalMart but it's worth a try and Ebay as well!

Aphro

Dora said...

One word re maternity clothes: EBAY!!!!

I have been getting great bargains. Some gently used, other stuff brand new with the tags on, at great prices. I plan to buy a maternity winter coat on ebay within the next month or so, to beat the higher prices when the temp drops.

..al said...

I myself have never shopped for maternity clothes...but I hope that you find ..

Ugly Clothes / Beautiful but too darn expensive....I can feel your pain!

Anyways, I hope you get good deals!