CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 10, 2008

my new great-nephew

I saw pictures today on Facebook of my new great-nephew. He's perfect. I could see that he already has the characteristic broad nose and full lips (top lip puffs out a bit over the lower one) that run in my husband's family.

It makes me sigh. I know our children would resemble him. If I could choose how my child will look, he/she would have either my dh's or my eyes (I think we both have beautiful eyes), my dad's aquiline nose, my dh's lips and eyelashes, and my cheekbones and jawline (which resemble those of my mother and her mother).

I look at the other nieces and nephews, as well, and they all give me ideas of what our children would look like. When dh and I are caring for his 8-year-old niece and 3-year-old nephew, in particular, people on the street often think that we're their parents because they look exactly like us. We have a picture of the 4 of us, and even their mother (my sister-in-law) and my mother-in-law commented that we looked like a family together.

And we are, in a way. They are the children of my heart, and they know that. You don't have to have children in order to be a mother.

0 comments: