Someone on the SoulCysters web site asked the following question: So I've heard your life totally changes when you have a child (duh!), but how about also while TTC w/ PCOS? All I know is that ever since my ob/gyn got my bloodwork results and referred me to an RE, even just awaiting this appt..... my life is completely consumed. Does it ever settle down?
This was my answer: It has never settled down for me; I feel swallowed by it. My life has totally changed since I discovered I was infertile, and I will never be the same again. I do my best to ward off 'being consumed' by going on with the activities I enjoy (e.g., writing, working on my master's degree, watching Sex and the City, working out, being a research assistant, hanging out with my pals), but TTC is always on the backburner. Even after I finally have children (if I ever do), the pain will never go away. That's the truth for me. I hope you find your own ways around the TTC mess, and that you're blessed with healthy children sooner rather than later. (HUG)
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
feeling swallowed
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 9:45 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hey, Rebecca527 from SC here. I hope you don't mind I linked your blog to mine so I can keep up with you. I am really enjoying reading your blog...so much of what you've written is so similar to what I've been feeling for the past almost 4 years. Hang in there, if you ever need to chat, I'm here!
Thanks, hun! I'm honoured! I'll check out your blog, too!
I'm terrible with keeping up with people and I hope you get a chance to read this. But I try to check up on the "old crew" as much as I can. I hate that we all aren't on the same thread anymore, it was a great group of ladies.
Anyway, my point in replying to this particular blog entry was you are right, the pain of ttc does linger. It does change life forever. It makes you stronger. It makes you wiser. It makes you a better person, mother, wife. I know these words are not comforting, but in hindsight, you appreciate the journey. You know for some reason God chose you to go through this horrible/wonderful process of infertility, and in some way, amongst all those that get pg so easily, you can feel speical... because inside you know the work and tears and prayers that went into asking God for that child.
Still I get that feeling when I hear someone is pg... not that I'm not happy for them but just, do they really understand what a gift that is being given to them?
I'm so happy you all are on a road that looks promising and that the dr's are finally figuring out some of the things that are causeing the infertility. Heres praying for a Spring BFP!!!!
I'm terrible with keeping up with people and I hope you get a chance to read this. But I try to check up on the "old crew" as much as I can. I hate that we all aren't on the same thread anymore, it was a great group of ladies.
Anyway, my point in replying to this particular blog entry was you are right, the pain of ttc does linger. It does change life forever. It makes you stronger. It makes you wiser. It makes you a better person, mother, wife. I know these words are not comforting, but in hindsight, you appreciate the journey. You know for some reason God chose you to go through this horrible/wonderful process of infertility, and in some way, amongst all those that get pg so easily, you can feel speical... because inside you know the work and tears and prayers that went into asking God for that child.
Still I get that feeling when I hear someone is pg... not that I'm not happy for them but just, do they really understand what a gift that is being given to them?
I'm so happy you all are on a road that looks promising and that the dr's are finally figuring out some of the things that are causeing the infertility. Heres praying for a Spring BFP!!!!
Post a Comment