CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

In the meantime...

In the meantime, I'm making further adjustments to my diet. I eat really well, anyway, but I figure it can't hurt to make it even better.

I'm adding one more veggie serving per day (so that's 5 veg and 4 fruits daily - and the way I measure my servings, that's probably equivalent to more like 7 veg and 6 fruits according to the Canada Food Guide).

I'm also cutting down on dairy, and adding more fish and beans.

And I'm going to try to cut caffeine. Hah, good luck on that one! I luuuuurve my coffee, especially my morning cappuccino. Um, maybe I'll start kicking that habit...next week. Yeah, next week. lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a thought on dairy... I've read parts of The Fertility Diet, and they make a very good case for eating/drinking full/higher fat dairy. Studies have shown links between anovulation and low-fat dairy. The belief is that because of the hormones in dairy are dependent on fat, when you skim that fat you change the hormonal structure.

It makes sense, too, that they would see a higher incidence of anovulation in overweight women because most of us (not saying you are, as I got the impression you're a "thin cyster") diet chronically and consume fat-free or very low-fat dairy. Since reading this I switched to 2% milk. Every little thing I can do...

one-hit_wonder said...

Thanks for posting!

I haven't read The Fertility Diet, but I'll pick up a copy.

I have read studies linking anovulation to dairy, but I always wonder about them, given the fact that the rest of the world isn't dairy-dependent like the western world is. It makes me wonder about our craze re: dairy.

I'll pick up the book, as I said, and I'll read it for myself. Thanks for the information!

(Incidentally, my paternal grandparents were dairy farmers, so they would be horrified to hear me questioning the value of milk! lol)