I'm still alive, I promise!
Just very little internet access, still. Though I am online in my classroom, I don't want to go on my blog there, just in case Big Brother is checking which web sites I visit. DH and I are talking about not getting internet at home, just to save time and $. We'll see.
Physically, I'm still great. DH keeps giggling at my belly. He thinks it's funny, but he loves it (he even thinks I look hot, which I love!).
He still hasn't felt movement, though, although I've felt kicks externally for a few weeks. Every time I put his hand on my belly, the baby freezes!
Thursday was the first (and only, so far) day that I FELT pregnant. I was really short of breath all day, had to walk very slowly, stop and sit every so often, and had abdominal cramps. So I drank lots of water and took it slow. It was an interesting feeling.
Stressed, though. Had a good cry in my midwife's office about my unaccommodating family, which helped, though I'm still angry at them. I haven't seen them in 2 weeks - my mom still hasn't seen my new house, incidentally, though she lives 20 minutes away - and I know I'll have to deal with it soon. Yuck.
Plus work is crazy. My schedule kept changing, so I didn't know what I was teaching. I've been working for the last few weeks, getting ready for the start of the school year, but I'm still not nearly at the point I should be. I'm a little worried about overdoing it next week. On my first day with the kids I have no prep (I have hall duty), plus lunch duty. Good thing I'm active, anyway, so I'm in decent shape, but still.
Anyway, eye on the prize. I hit 20 weeks last Tuesday, so I'm over halfway there! I found out that as long as I work a minimum of 600 hours, I will, in fact, qualify for the full 50 weeks of employment insurance that the government offers. So - fingers crossed - if I work until Christmas holidays, and then somehow get in another 12 hours after that, I'll qualify. Hurray, hurray, hurray.
My midwife gave me a few books by Ina May Gaskin, a renowned midwife. One was called Spiritual Midwifery, and I can't remember the other title. They were fascinating. Very hippie-ish (e.g., I smooched my man through the rushes and it was so groovy! I felt like a monkey!), interesting and enlightening. A different way of looking at labour and delivery, for sure, and I'm into that.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
20 weeks, 4 days
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 12:51 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
I love Ina May Gaskin - I read nearly all her books when I was in my hopeful TTC stage. She is such an authority on childbirth even OBGYNs listen to her!
Sorry to hear your family is still being unsupportive, i hope you find a way to resolve this situation soon. Congrats on 20 weeks!
Ina May rocks! I'm from TN and "The Farm" is a staple when you talk about natural birthing. Was the other book Ina May's Guide to Natural Childbirth? If so, it rocks. It's great.
Yay! You are over halfway there! That is wonderful news!
Congrats on hitting 20 weeks mark, OHW!!!
Also wish that you are able to squeeze in teaching hours till mid Jan atleast and the benchmarked 600 hours.
Getting an Internet access at home would be such a good idea!
Do you know that Blogger allows you to send posts to your blog from e-mail directly? So, you could just open your mailbox and post updates without physically going to the blog....of course, you may do the editing/polishing later, but still!
Be good.
Much love to Ninja...He is scared of his Dad already! :-)
I have Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. Awesome book! I'm so glad to hear that things are going well. I miss your regular blog posts. Hope all the other stuff (family and work) straighten themselves out.
What a delimma shopping, and not to mention, the ultrasound issue. Hope DH gets to be there with you.
Take it easy on your feet while working.
It's nice to know that the baby moved.
Glad things are going so smoothly with the pregnancy! Im sorry to hear your family wasn't very helpful about your move.
I was discussing this with a few friends, and just wanted to say to you: for your sake, when you go into labor, the only expectation you should have is that you'll have a baby at the end.
What I mean is---its wonderful to do some research and have some kind of idea of how you want the birth to go. But, if things don't go exactly as you hoped/planned, and you were very attached to your plan, you may feel pretty upset. I'd hate to see you feel that way, since you've struggled so long and soon, you'll have your healthy baby and that's all that matters---not exactly what does or doesn't happen during the labor and delivery.
(Your mention of the Gaskin books prompted that, its not totally out of left field.)
Will you post a belly pic at some point?
Post a Comment