And so close to 'V-Day' - viability, which is 24 weeks. That would be Tuesday. I.can't.wait.
DH 'saw' the baby move for the first time yesterday. My stomach bounces slightly when Ninja practices his moves, and I made DH watch until he caught it a few times. He was in an uproar over it. Let's just say that I've never had a pot belly, so the whole spectacle of his wife's animated beer gut is fascinating to him!
Ninja moves a lot more now. I usually feel him in the mornings, especially before I get out of bed and when I'm sitting down at school to do attendance. It's hugely reassuring.
Had some weird uterus action yesterday. I'm going to check online to see if it was Braxton Hicks or what (?). It felt like waves starting at my uterus that washed over me. I noticed it happen twice, late at night. My mind was alarmed, but really, my body felt fine - it didn't hurt; in fact, it was somewhat pleasurable - but it was something that definitely redirected my attention and made me feel conscious of my body. If I get it again today, though, I'm going to phone my midwife. I've refrained from bugging her about anything so far, but I think I should ask her about this.
Overall, I still feel great. No complaints thus far. Really, I'm not just saying that because I'm a formerly infertile woman who vowed never to bitch about a pregnancy. I have nothing bad to say about being pregnant. I like it. I hope that at least one of my future frostie cycles works so that I get to do this again, but if not, I know I've loved this wonderful time I've had.
Only thing tainting it is my family. It's all very sour right now. I ran into my parents at a fast-food place and had a huge blow-out with my mom, right in public view, though I felt that that wasn't the time or the place for it. What it all comes down to for my family is that they didn't and don't have time. I am very, very sad about this. I moved back home to be close to my family - I thought they'd want to help with the pregnancy and the baby - and now I regret it. If I had known this would happen, I would've stayed where I was (far away).
But, to end on a happy note, my job is great, and that sure helps. This is the first position I've held where I actually feel as though I'm on top of things. My lessons are well planned, I'm basically on top of marking, I'm able to do some extracurricular stuff, I'm getting good feedback from kids and parents/guardians, etc.
So that's the scoop for now!
Saturday, September 26, 2009
23 weeks, 4 days
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 1:11 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
YAY for "V" Day! I'm so sorry your family is letting you down. What exactly are they so busy with that they have no time for their daughter and grandchild? That just really sucks!
Yay! 24w is so close!
I am so sorry about your family. That really sucks. :( I hope that you are able to create a family network of friends.
Congrats on being a stone-throw away from Viability! Am also glad that Ninja's jive can now be experienced by both Mummy and Papa!!!
I think you should definitely consult your midwife on those sensations...I am ill-equipped to guess what it was that you were feeling.
Am also so happy that you are doing so well professionally!
OHW, did you tell your reasons to your parents as to why you moved closer to them? Did you consult them/take them into confidence before you made the move?
I can't believe how inconsiderate they are acting right now...maybe it is situations like these where I can clearly mark out cultural differences...Nobody would treat their pregnant daughter this way here...not unless they have broken off socially from the daughter and her in-laws or there are some huge issues.
You take care!
I'm so sorry to hear about your family. I can't imagine them not being enthusiastic. I would assume everyone in my family would jump out of their respective skins if we were expecting (especially after the fun suspense we've helpfully provided) - but maybe I just think that now, and it would be different if it happened? Anyway, I hope they come around after Ninja makes a (thoroughly visible) appearance. Given any thought to naming him/her Ninja for real? Maybe as a middle name?
Sorry to hear about the family situation, but glad everything else is going so smoothly. I'm lucky to have a supportive family but unfortunately they all live far away.
I'm going to have to put in my request. With V-Day coming up so soon, I'd love to get a pram status. :-) It's so great that you have made it this far and I'm sending good and positive energy that things are going to run smoothly in the weeks to come.
I am sorry for the discord with your family. I live far away (in Europe) and my family lives in New England. I thought they would be excited when we FINALLY got pg and I got a very lukewarm response. Then when DH and I went home to visit in August - we found out we were having a girl and the first words out of my mother's mouth were "Oh...we were hoping for a grandson!" Seriously? Then I came home to an email - from my dad - telling me that the next time we want to visit we need to stay somewhere else - that we won't be welcome back in the house as guests to stay. Nice huh?
I am really happy for you...and glad things are going so well.
Kat
2 October 2009
25wks + 1 It's a GIRL!
Post a Comment