CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 28, 2009

the unreasonable rant of a 'formerly IF' pregnant woman

My brother called me today.

His wife is in her second trimester.

An 'oops.' (Despite her messed-up cycles and despite the fact that she was on the pill.)

They just found out.

I was so angry. Cried for hours.

Why is it so easy for some people? Why couldn't it have been one of my IF friends? Why couldn't it have been me, say, 2 or 3 years ago?

What if I lose my baby? What an effin horrible tangible reminder I'm going to have.

What timing. When I'm avoiding my family because they don't care that they've hurt me.

What if the last ART cycle hadn't worked? I think I would've thrown myself off a bridge by now.

I know in the long run I'll be glad about this news: it'll be good for our kid to have a cousin who will be his/her own age. For now, I'm aware that this post sounds like the unreasonable rant of a tired and overworked pregnant woman.

It's just that the 'infertile' mindset, as I've mentioned previously, is not going away.

DH and I should've moved abroad, as we'd planned. My parents would 'have' their grandchild - my brother and SIL's kid - and this family blowout would never have happened.

1 comments:

Michele said...

Hubs and I were discussing this "infertile mindset" last night on our way home from the hospital. I sometimes think it will never go away. I get upset just hearing about "surprise pregnancies" when we tried so damn hard for so long and had so many devastating losses (and when we know people in the same boat). Not fair is an understatement.