CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

spelunking in the pelvic nether regions...

Went to the ill-timed doctor appointments today (i.e., they had to happen the day after I felt like giving up...).

Dh did another semen analysis. First time he's had to perform at the clinic, though; the last 2 times he did it at home and had me bring in the samples.

Anyway, the morphology concerned the doctor (it was something like 2% rather than 4%), although the motility and numbers were above average, so she is asking him to do it again. Surprise, surprise, dh didn't bellyache about any of this like he did the last time. Apparently it helped to have porn on the TV in the 'deposit' room. I know we're supposed to be Christian and all, but I had no 'issue' (ha ha, no pun intended) with it. And no apologies about it, either. Sometimes there are exceptions to the rules, but I understand that not everyone will agree with me on this.

Now dh told me that the problem lies with him and not with me. He was matter-of-fact about it. I don't agree with him, really, but whatever. I hope his pride isn't injured. I know that's a big thing for guys.

After this, we ran around the city until the first of my 2 appointments at the clinic. I was very sensitive to start with, and dh made the innocent mistake of going into a kids' toy store (he loves Hot Wheels), and I burst into tears and couldn't stop crying all morning.

I pulled myself together for the afternoon's round of pelvic invasion.

My pelvic exam gave me a shock. It started off well, as soon as I commenced talking. lol I'm much more relaxed if the tech/doc and I have a conversation as the dildo is spelunking in my nether regions. Ha ha. I gave her the history of vibrators in Victorian England (doctors used to use them on their female patients in order to relieve 'hysteria' and 'nervousness'). Okay, I've studied far too much nineteenth century British history, I know!

Here is the shocker, though: The tech says that there is no evidence that my right ovary is anovulatory, as my previous doctor said (and which I believed to be true, given that I'd never felt mittelschmerz from it). To boot, she says that my ovaries do not appear polycystic at all. I didn't see the screen because I want to throw up when I see my ovaries, but dh (who was watching the whole exam) concurred with her statements. She questioned, in fact, how I got the PCOS diagnosis in the first place, since my bloodwork is also normal.

HUH?

Dang it, I should have asked the RE herself. I'll have to do that next time. I need some time to process that information, first.

Anyway, so then we met with the RE. She gave us the results from a bunch of tests (including the semen analysis). So I do not test positive for syphilis: what a relief! LOL

The most important thing: after I finally have my CD 3 bloodwork done (likely on Sunday or Monday), get my fasting glucose results, and finish our consultation (on March 19) with the genetic counselor, we will meet in order to plan the first medicated cycle. And that will be....May 1. I kid you not - she's booked that far ahead. So dh got us onto a cancellation list, and there weren't too many patients ahead of us, so I think there's a good chance that we'll get in in early April. I hope.

Ugh, too much information all at once. My mind is.shutting.off.

0 comments: