CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

My poor, lovely little man

I can't believe I ever thought that dh didn't want children.

Two days ago, I was looking through the Christmas pictures I took with his family. At least 35% of them involve him with his small nieces and nephews (especially the nephews!). In one particular picture, he is sitting on a loveseat, face to face with his 3-year-old great-nephew, who is reclining on his lap. I took a closer look at my dh's face, and he is intent on whatever he was saying to the little boy at the time. I didn't realize that that intensity is the same as love.

I felt naive for ever questioning dh's desire to expand our family. Of course he wants children; I can see that in his eyes in that particular picture. He just doesn't say so because he knows what the additional stress would do to me. So he pretends the opposite.

Aw, what a dear man. And LOL - I feel so dumb for not realizing all this earlier!

0 comments: