A textbook example of irony: I, a 'barren' woman, am taking an Education course on maternal theory.
Via e-mail, I asked my professor of the course (she's also my thesis advisor) about my topic for my seminar: the irony of being infertile while being paid to care for other people's children. I was too shy to talk about it in class, since I didn't want to deal with undesired 'advice' and pitying looks. However, I adore this professor, and her opinion matters to me.
So I shared with her a bit of what I'm enduring, and I attached the transgressive essay I wrote about it last semester, which was a bang-up piece of writing, if I do say so myself.
She replied by praising my writing, and then asked if I wanted to hear another story about it. (I thought to myself, "No, not really....") She said she's been through the same thing.
I bawled all over my office at the university. Tears everywhere. Dh says she must be my soulmate. :)
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
finding soulmates in unexpected places
Posted by one-hit_wonder at 10:44 p.m.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment