CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

on beating the snot out of a baby/kid

Dr Sears says, "Beware the Christian baby-trainers." Was he ever right.

There are people out there - including relatives of mine, I'm sorry to say - who still believe in beating your kids to show your dominance over them.

And they imply that I'm disobeying God for not doing the same.

I can't elaborate right now because I am too upset.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wow, beating kids doesn't seem Christian. I'd be upset too.

Victoria said...

OHW, controversial topic. I see well-behaved kids who got spanked and who never got spanked and I see bad kids who were never spanked or got spanked. I do believe children are so different and that spanking will not determine their outcome - it's a combination of everything and everyone.

..al said...

OMG...I definitely don't want to be a child beater...and I know kids who remember being caned by their parents...a memory they carry into adulthood, and I am glad that though I have been spanked...it was sparse and ahem...deserved...

But I think beating kids all the time is horrible....