CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 17, 2007

I wish I had all these 'misconceptions' - I wrote this for the SoulCysters TTC board

I wish I had all these 'misconceptions'

I wish...

...I thought that I ovulate twice per cycle.

...I thought something was wrong with me during the 4 days in a cycle when my cervical mucous becomes copious

....I believed that ovulation pain is just a pulled muscle

....I truly believed that dh could "just look at me" and I'd get pregnant.

...I thought that cough syrup was just that: for coughs.

...I could cringe at the sight of a needle.

...I could complain about morning sickness.

...I could feel sad that my favourite Gaultier doesn't fit over my belly.

...I could get impatient with my children for being so demanding.

...I knew what it was like to think "Just relax and it'll happen" to a crying friend.

...I could take life for granted.

Now that I look back at this list, which began as sarcasm and ends as something else, I know that this journey has been the best thing for me. As hard as it is to admit this, a fruitless attempt to conceive has made me a stronger and more sensitive person.

I still wish I didn't know so much about being involuntarily childless, but I'd never give it all back.

0 comments: