CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 29, 2007

More about home group

Background information on this home group idea:

Well, the circumstances surrounding this group have been strange, to say the least, but then again, God's methods are always mysterious.

First, on the way to my HSG a few weeks ago, I asked my dh for prayer regarding an idea that had been planted in my head: a home group for women who have faced/are facing infertility. We had a long talk about it. He warned me that if I pray about it, things will happen, and they will happen sooner than I expect.

Now, throughout my adolescence and my twenties, I have been on-again, off-again friends with this girl. We seem to drift apart for unknown reasons and then get together again at crossroads in our lives. Well, guess who I see when I walk into the waiting room for the HSG???? -- this friend of mine! Oh, man, was that ever awkward. Anyway, she wanted to know why I was there, and I hedged. We're from the same small community, so I didn't want word getting out about my infertility issues. As she and I talked, two very subtle 'baby' references slipped from her, and it was enough for me to wonder if she was there for the same reason I was. But she left for her appointment and I didn't see her after that. And she didn't leave my dh with her number or e-mail when she left.

So, clearly this was a sign from God as a result of my prayer, 15 minutes later! (It was like God smacking me upside the head and saying, "I'm HERE, in case you forgot!!!!") Since then, I've made contact with her and found that she is, in fact, going through infertility treatments. She is the first person that I know of (face to face) who is suffering from infertility. And I have been lonely for female companionship and understanding through this journey. Our paths have crossed again for a reason. God's ways are so mysterious. I know that's a cliche, but it's so true, I can't get over it. So I am praying that he unfolds events in his own time.

So I've invited her, but she hasn't said anything specific about it yet. She knows about it and she'll act on it when she's ready. There's no one else yet, but I know there are women coming -- God wouldn't have me do this if he didn't intend to send people my way! Another person has expressed interest -- I am hoping that it will work out!

Other than that, I'm working in conjunction with a friend in New Zealand: she and her dh are setting up a similar group in their church. So we'd like to stay linked up for support.

I'm trying to set this up through my church, but we'll see what happens, since they want me to complete their foundations course, first. I'll do it, even though I do not like the handbook they use, but the dates/times of the class usually conflict with work, etc. I hope it works out.

So, that's the scoop. It's not the best time in terms of my scheduling -- I just started commuting during the week -- but I can work around that. I can't wait to get this off the ground!

0 comments: